Calgary Stampede

Harps

I have decided to leave my friends and head out west earlier than planned as i have been told the Calgary Stampede in Canada is well worth going to. So while i am over here it has to be done. The ride out west does not sound too great but it has to be done.

A bit of a long shot i know, but was wondering if anyone else plans to be there for the party? :beer:

You need to get your skates on it started today. I work everyday in Calgary and can't wait to take the 1 hour ride home every night out of the city.
The Stampede does draw lots of tourists for sure but I don't really get it. :nenau The rodeo is OK and the chuckwagon races are different but once you've been the once then what? The rest of it is pretty much one great big fairground. But that's just my 2 cents :rob

Whilst...

stationed at Medicine Hat for a few months in 76, some friends and I went to the Stampede....and a brilliant time was had by all...as far as I can remember... :beer: ...I expect it will have changed a bit since then..hope you have a good time.... :D

Go West...not in a camp Pet Shop Boys way though

Harps,

Should your big ride extend to the west coast and Seattle, drop in. As a fellow Staffordshirite or is that Staffordshirean, it would be a pleasure to accommodate you. If you have proper Brummy (Cadbury) chocolate or Brummy HP from our shared neighbouring county, then you'll be welcomed with open arms.
I was born and raised on the civilised side of Cannock Chase...Cannock, moved to the SE, then relocated here 10 weeks ago. Bought a bike in Atlanta and flew there, then took 10,018 miles to ride it back, unchained and no interstates, well 22 miles to get out of Atlanta, but that doesn't count.

Blog and pics at:

http://www.roughguidesintouch.com/lamble

Steve

I am pretty shore that Seattle will be on our travels and it would be good to meet up. Thanks for the offer, can never have too many places to stay.

If you email me your details and can then keep in touch that way.
paul@thebigbiketrip.com

Some great pics by the way

Regards
Paul

Back
Top Bottom