Bertha the beautiful

(RIP) pastyman

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, Im a new member with a recently acquired GS. As you can see it is well travelled. Does anyone out there know the bike as I am after as much info as I can get on its history and what may have been done to it by way of repairs etc. My sons have persuaded me to take atrip to spain with them next year , the intention is to avoid tarmac as much as possible . she has done about 90k , but still sounds as sweet as a nut, :nenau

Attachments

• bertha.jpg
    bertha.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 481
Nice bike Pastyman.

I don't recognise it but someone will, it has the GSclubUK sticker on the tank.
You could ask there or I could post a link on the Club site.

Now that, I like. Very purposeful looking machine, look far better than the 'normal' 100's I reckon.

Nice bike :thumb - never seen it before myself (the striking appearance would suggest I would recall if I had), the sticker mentioned is the old style sticker so it was bought a couple of years ago at least.

Those headlights look like they might actually emit some light too which is a bonus :D

Love the rusty front disc :thumb

There's a story in them there wheels

Enjoy your trip to Spain

Nick :beerjug:

Thanks for the comments guys.I do wonder about the discs`, Ive had many BMs with stainless discs and never seen rust on them. these are drilled and do look like the usual stainless ones. I had just given the bike a bath before taking the photos when I noticed the rust. does anyone do cast discs that are the same patern as the stainless ones?Its got braided hoses so stops ok, much better than my old PD did. I did find out that the handling improved dramatically when the tyres were pumped up to the right pressures. :rob

Hey, I wasn't joking about the discs, rust is good, not so pretty as stainless but a whole load better at stopping your bike. I just noticed also the double screen, I have fitted the same to mine...........it helps the air flow to pass smoothly over your head. (Laminar air flow and all that bo**ocks). Someone has thought about your bike, Like the lights too, HID?
Enjoy riding it :thumb
Nick

Kenny said:
Andy, don't forget to wipe the cobwebs from your levers as well ;)

:hide

My Dearest Scally and Toxteth's finest son,

Since I have a fleet of one bike these days, it would take some persistent spiders to get a web of any sort on my bike and stay there, out every day last week and another thousand on the clocks, wish I'd had a car Thursday & Friday though :(

Airfan said:
Hi,

Could I ask what make the headlamp surround/speedo/screen is. It looks great

Thanks

Rob

I have a suspicion that the headlamp arrangement and surrounding bar is ex Honda XL-R 250 Baja.

I asked Pastyman in his Newbies Forum thread,but he`s not sure.

I`m convinced it`s from a Jap trailie,even if it`s not the model I suspect.

Hi Tarka,

That could be potentially cheap and interesting. Pastieman, is there any chance of some closeups of the front end and some more info?.

Thanks

Rob

Yes they are from a XL-R 250 Baja.
I seen them at the Horizons due if you do a seach on other site

under Horizons I posted some pictures of Two XL-R 250 Baja.

you will see lights there

hI again. Yes the front end does look purpousful and whoever did it obviously did it with some thought. The headlamps are held in a chromed frame which is held onto the forks with jubilee clips. The speedo is as Dakar as is the plastic binacle that holds it(I mean speedo and Rev counter) and they are mounted to the headstock. This bike may have been a dakar as the crash bar has the mounts for an oil cooler, which has had to be removed to take the tank. The binacle for the speedo etc also has two holes at the front and I remember my dakar having similar for the top bar mountings. You will understaqnd my request about finding out this bikes history!! Anyway, I quite like the front mudguard,spiders get wet on my bikes and my front disc is now lovely and shiny,thanks guys :bounce1

Hi airfan, yes good idea,I will take some pics tomorrow and post them.. Never thought they would cause so much interest!! :thumb

Back
Top Bottom