Anyone got mapsource v9 yet?

Terzikat

I've registered my 2820 and ordered the free update, which by my reading of the garmin website should be available now, however nothing has arrived in the post since I ordered the update back in December.

Has anyone else had the mapsource version 9 update yet:confused:

City Navigator Europe v9 NT (which is what you need for the StreetPilot 2820) has been on the streets for a couple of weeks now.

Contact Garmin to get your DVD.

Greg

thanks folks, I'll give it another week to see if it arrives before contacting Garmin UK:roll

Spoke to Garmin yesterday they said that it will be available in a couple of weeks.

Bob (still with an SP3)

v9 for 2620

Phoned on Thursday, and informed it was available soon,(for 2620, the one with the hard drive ) in a matter of days rather than weeks the guy said when quizzed, its 2 gig and comes only on a disc, so e mail or call them and ask to be put on the listing when its available. The cost is $75.

Free upgrade cut-off date?

Does anybody have the official cut-off date for units registered with Garmin to get the free upgrade from CN8 to CN9?

I was under the impression that the date was going to be the same as CN9 NT (Sept 06) but craftily the CN 9 Europe doesn't appear on the list when looking at the "current versions" list for cartography, so i don't know if i'll qualify for a free upgrade or not????? :nenau

any ideas?

Does anybody have the official cut-off date for units registered with Garmin to get the free upgrade from CN8 to CN9?

....having read a number of threads on this subject, I believe that it is, 1st September 2006.........:)

....having read a number of threads on this subject, I believe that it is, 1st September 2006.........:)

I hope you're right... i'm in for a free upgrade if you are :beerjug: just hope i can find it documented somewhere!!!!

I've registered my 2820 and ordered the free update, which by my reading of the garmin website should be available now, however nothing has arrived in the post since I ordered the update back in December.

Has anyone else had the mapsource version 9 update yet:confused:

Ordered mine in the middle of December when it hadn't arrived a couple of weeks ago, after others on this forum had got theirs, I contacted Garmin the guy I spoke to said give it another week then email him at ryan.long@garmin.com. Well waited the week it still hadn't arrived so not trusting email phoned them on their freephone no. 0808 238 0000 and 4 days later it arrived.

Seems they have some problems, hope this helps.

I'm assuming Mr Bumpkin knows what he's talking about ( no disrespect Mr B :) )
I hope I'm correct as well :D

The ordering of City Nav 8 upgrade in both flavours hasn't been available via myGarmin since 1st Sept 06. I think that's what defines the 'release date' City Nav v9 has been in the wild on/with certain new units since some point around October/November (although admittedly that has been NT). Mapping versions that share the same mapping data seem to have historically shared the same release date. I think Garmin are just sorting out their most important customers first by releasing the NT version 1st.

I'm 'secretly' hoping that the delay in the non NT version is because they listened to my complaint about the map tile sizes and are making changes to accommodate the limited memory on my Quest (will effect other units with fixed limited memory). One can live in hope.... :rolleyes:

I'm 'secretly' hoping that the delay in the non NT version is because they listened to my complaint about the map tile sizes and are making changes to accommodate the limited memory on my Quest (will effect other units with fixed limited memory). One can live in hope.... :rolleyes:
Keep on dreaming.....
The V9NT has the large tiles. Do you really think V9 will be different? :(

CN 9 Europe date from Garmin....

I've just come off the phone with Garmin (0808 238 0000) and they say the upgrade version of CN9 Europe they "hope" to be available no later than end February!

When asked about cut off date for "free upgrades" i was reliably informed it would be Sept 06 as per previous threads....

thought this maybe useful for someone... :thumb2

I've just come off the phone with Garmin (0808 238 0000) and they say the upgrade version of CN9 Europe they "hope" to be available no later than end February!

When asked about cut off date for "free upgrades" i was reliably informed it would be Sept 06 as per previous threads....

thought this maybe useful for someone... :thumb2

Good news :) thought I blown it by registering a couple of weeks ago.

Back
Top Bottom