How much is a 1200Adv with all the options

all that + alarm, pannier liners, crappy tank bag, but no fairy lights.

£11,700ish.

Sell me your airhead for £4k and you'll only need to raise £8k:augie

Bloody expensive then..................@£12-13k

Reasonable cars are that price:eek:

Our new Honda CRV 4x4:eek: was only £5000 more with 3 year warranty and servicing:thumb2

Looked at a new Varadero yesterday and with factory panniers/ABS and grips it was only £6999

WP Springs/Shock and Corbin/MRA Screen (which i've done to my 1150Adv), plus a Scottoiler/Hugger and it'd be as capable as a GS, if not better and definitely more economical than my 1150Adv

Makes the Varadero seem cheap at 60% of a 1200Adv + extras price:cool:

Looked at a new Varadero yesterday and with factory panniers/ABS and grips it was only £6999

WP Springs/Shock and Corbin/MRA Screen (which i've done to my 1150Adv), plus a Scottoiler/Hugger and it'd be as capable as a GS, if not better and definitely more economical than my 1150Adv

Why is it so cheap, maybe because it doesn'y have the "look" or in plain terms it's pig ugly. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder :potkettle

And no matter how much TT etc bling you throw at it, it'll still look ugly and drink fuel like the inhabitants of Scottish Islands drink beer :augie

Why is it so cheap, (because GS's are so expensive)maybe because it doesn'y have the "look" or in plain terms it's pig ugly. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder :potkettle

And no matter how much TT etc bling you throw at it, it'll still look ugly and drink fuel like the inhabitants of Scottish Islands drink beer :augie

GS's ain't too pretty, John

Fuel consumption is much better than an 1150, last year I toured with (2) efi Varadero's and they put in 4-5 litres less at each fuel stop over the same distance, than my 1150

Bang for bucks, Varadero's are great VFM with better seat comfort and weather protection and a storming motor for £3-4k less than a GS

Suspension upgrade to WP and it'll piss all over a 1150GS

Haven't seen too many Hondas on recovery trucks too, in comparison to 1200 BMW's

BMW

Anyway...........I feel the need for a nice carburated KTM Adventure 950 S in good nick

Anyway...........I feel the need for a nice carburated KTM Adventure 950 S in good nick

Now you're begining to talk sense...but you already have the best bike possible:nenau keep that and work on your lifestyle, not the style in your life:rob

Oh go on then I'll help him out.
What bikes that then? :rolleyes:

:postpics

After all it must be a day or two since we've seen it :D

Oh I wasn't talikng about that Heath Robonson Meccano kit bike:augie , I meant his mint 1150ADV...........but you're right, it must be a day or so since we've seen 'it':augie

BTW if I were in the market for another 1150 ADV, JB's is the one to go for:thumb

Bloody expensive then..................@£12-13k

Reasonable cars are that price:eek:

Our new Honda CRV 4x4:eek: was only £5000 more with 3 year warranty and servicing:thumb2

Makes the Varadero seem cheap at 60% of a 1200Adv + extras price:cool:

Why would you even contemplate changing a bike (by your own admission) you never use :nenau
As for a Varadildo? Thanks but no thanks I'd sooner not have a bike at all,same goes for Vstrum et al ;)

Back
Top Bottom