Greetings from Australia

PeteH said:
Hi all,
just aquired my 1150GS 2weeks ago, already done 1650 happy kms and my first BM!
just found this forum too, looks like some more fun to read & learn more about my new toy!
Chat soon:beerjug:
Welcome to the accesorie farm. If you go to any BMW rallys its highly likely my mate John Sargent will be there. He's been the president of the BMW club & is still very active. He rides an off road overland BMW sidecar outfit, to many bike rallys. Tell him Peter Harris from england sends his regards. You will start a good conversation with him. Happy G.S. ing. Regards Peter Harris ( Uncle Albert )

I saw John in September last year, I'll see him again in April this year, I'll try and remember you to him.

If you wish to tell him of your conversion to BMW's then you'll find him via the SA BMW club.

Mick.

Mick Fagan said:
I saw John in September last year, I'll see him again in April this year, I'll try and remember you to him.

If you wish to tell him of your conversion to BMW's then you'll find him via the SA BMW club.

Mick.
This is spookie. What a small world this is. I've known John since 1966. We still exchange a letter & card at xmas time, & i informed him I'd gone GS & he was well impressed. Now I'm on line i can E Mail him. Thanks for the reply Mick. May your horizon be infinity. Peter.

Hi from a POM

I am out in Oz from 29th Jan let me know what colour your bike is and I will you a wave in I see you around Sydney or around Bondi beach.
g'day mate

Steve

All my bikes are white... but with the drought they are all dirty .. not being able to use the hose on them .. you have to use a bucket... ruddy tedious.

Well, after 7500kms in just over 2 months I was enjoying a ride when a motorcar suddenly appeared in my face...that was my Xmas/New Year...collarbone and a few bruises...and $7500 repair on the baby... A few problems with the bone persist and an operation (or two) might be on the cards...
But, I'm on the mend and the bike should be fixed before I am, so atleast I can polish & tinker with it in the meantime:D
My first bone, not nice.. but, cant wait to get back on it and just ride!!!

Hi Pete,

Sorry to hear about your "incident" but glad that you are healing and the bike will fix.

Hope there is still some summer left for riding (not that winter riding in Oz is a problem!)

Iain

PeteH said:
Well, after 7500kms in just over 2 months I was enjoying a ride when a motorcar suddenly appeared in my face...that was my Xmas/New Year...collarbone and a few bruises...and $7500 repair on the baby... A few problems with the bone persist and an operation (or two) might be on the cards...
But, I'm on the mend and the bike should be fixed before I am, so atleast I can polish & tinker with it in the meantime:D
Bad luck Pete... I guess that's something we all fear (or experience). Hope you recover quickly... sounds like your insurance company may be more responsive than some of those over here... :rolleyes:

Well, we've had some of the hottest days, so I dont mind missing out on that too much... much rather rug up...(I'm not one to ride in singlet/shorts as some do around here:eek: ) And we've had some brilliant electric rainstorms of late. Winter here is ussually dry but cool, and I'll be ready to ride i hope in our Autumn- unreal!
My Insurance Co has been great, no hassles.
I've been quite "lucky" having not had a fall on any of my bigger bikes (20years+-) atleast it didnt happen on one of my country rides, added speed might have bent some more of me;) , this one only about 50kph... typing left handed and roaming forums has been my highlight lately:D :D thanks for the greetings!

Gday everyone.

Picked up my new R1150GS SE last Friday after a year on a GSXR1000. Good to be back on the BM had an 1100 a few years ago back in the UK. Now living in Geelong just 80km South West of Melbourne.

Was tempted by the 1200 but thought I might hang on 12 months till all the little faults get sorted out. I understand their using CAN communication, which I'm poretty sure hasnt been used on a bike before.

Jon, the Special Edition is probably the best 1150 GS available. Welcome to the forum and welcome to Australia.

Perhaps you may be interested in the local BMW club. It is a largish one and pretty well run.

There is also a BMW only Rally in April this year, we hold one every two years and this year it's in the Western District of Victoria

http://www.bmwmccvic.org.au/

Mick.

Thanks Mick I'll look in to it.

As yet I've only had a couple of gentle rides down the great Ocean Road, and although it hasn't got the performance as the GSXR, it certainly is great fun, and I think will probably give most sports bikes a good run when the surface isn't great.

PeteH said:
...collarbone and a few bruises...A few problems with the bone persist and an operation (or two) might be on the cards...

Jeez, sorry to read about the off. Much-o sympathies - I've busted a collarbone in the past and it still makes me wince thinking about it....:eek:
Get well soon! Andy

well, after SEVEN long bloody weeks, I'm getting to use my right hand & arm again.....although not out of danger as there's a friggin large pointy chip churning around causing havoc (yukko), and might still need a slice or two.....But, I'm such a whinger and hate pain (I'm sure we're all a little simular:D)

Like to thank you guys for the replies here & there, and the website reading, it's made my boring days a little happier....
Bike isnt ready for a few weeks yet, I'll be strong enough by then and am so hanging out for a ride:( :(

thanks & thanks again:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom