Sunday 9th ride out ??

Chris G

Reaction score
Hi all,

anyone up for playing out for a few hours on sunday maybe matlock and a loop or head over welsh wales way

time to try out the new bar risers!:D :D :D :D

Sounds good,

have to do the usual checks first! but Sunday should be free.

Bar riser test - on or off road? :D

:hpbirthda :hpbirthda :hpbirthda :hpbirthda :hpbirthda

Wot Abaht..............

If we meet up at the Congleton Macdonalds at some ungodly hour.

That way it's a hop skip and jump to the Welshys, then maybe lunch at the Horsehoe Pass?

Just an idea, for a change.

Jamie

congelton maccy d's sound good, I'll get there early and get the coffees in then shall I, whadya recon 9ish or whatever the great and good fink

Paul- bar riser + touracnce tyres = on road

{but I have found a decent little forest track above llangollen:p ;) }

Congletons an hour & a half from me. I could make it for 9.30-9.45...on the piss the night before..it`ll be a late night

Right then chaps is it 9:30 ish at congelton maccy d's then

Ill be there

Oi Les are ya comin or wot?

Bugger, thats another missed ride out!

Yet another oportunity buggered, had to go down to Londinium to see relatives so I'll just keep watching and waiting.:(

A good day methinks,

Hope you got home alright Dave, I flashed [lights] you and then we turned round and waited, but you were gon [where does that road goto then ?]

Same again for the 22nd?? maybe organise propper and get Jamie to map read next time:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sorry bout that Chris....I saw you turn off and thought "they wont escape me" I went a bit further to find somewhere to do a U`y but came to a T junction. Turned left thinking I`d outflank you. Saw a bike leave the island in the distance...gave it whatfor to catch you up only to find it was`nt you...so I went home.

Great day out many thanks...22nd sounds good if the weathers dry`ish

Jamie said:
You should be used to U turns with your GPS.:D :D

Dont mock.....peer pressure will get to you and you`ll be clamping one to yer cockpit soon enough......and we can chuckle at your manouvres

I THINK NOT there's no substitute for a sturdy road atlas and some boy scout training at your side.

Those people you saw could well have been the tupperware pilots that were behind us, who passed me and Chris as we waited and waited.

So by the laws of temporal physics although we lost you and you could not catch us up you actually got in front while we waited and you ended up in front as we were looking in our mirrors for you to come barreling up behind us but behind the rice rockets behind us that were actually in front.

I had an early night.

Glad you made it home.

Jamie said:
Those people you saw could well have been the tupperware pilots that were behind us, who passed me and Chris as we waited and waited.

Must have been.......I caught them in half a mile..they were following a lorry and hoping it was going their way.

I went out this morning to wash the bike off and three things conspired together.
1. I could`nt be arsed
2. Me mate had the day off
3. The wife wanted to spend 4 hours at Meadowhell

So we went for a blurt round our bit of the Peaks and very nice it was to. Dry`ish roads, not much traffic and loads of wonderfull Autumn scenery. (Sony still has the camera so no photos...Are you n Chris going to post your pics?)

Dave Hall said:
Must have been.......I caught them in half a mile..they were following a lorry and hoping it was going their way.

Sounds like them.

Phots were of quaint film type, after munchkin bounced digi around kitchen - not sure if I liked it anyway.

The jury is still out whether we replace it or get a decent SLR. But one day they'll get posted on the web.

Jamie said:

The jury is still out whether we replace it or get a decent SLR. But one day they'll get posted on the web.

I thought about a digital SLR but came to the conclusion that if it would`nt fit in my top pocket then it would`nt get taken out..so I make do with my 3 x optical zoom and I`ve been well pleased with the results.

Dave Hall said:
I thought about a digital SLR but came to the conclusion that if it would`nt fit in my top pocket then it would`nt get taken out..so I make do with my 3 x optical zoom and I`ve been well pleased with the results.

I might get an SLR for posh (Mrs J wants one) and a compact zoom 35mm for roughing it.

When we can be bothered.

Back
Top Bottom