Zumo and Autocom

Hi,

I have Autocom Active rider on my bike at the moment. I use the unit pillion to pillion and I have an mp3 player conected up which works really well. I now want to purchase a Zumo 550. I only want to use the sat nav and the mp3 within the zumo. I do not want to connect a phone!!

Q1 Is it a simple case of connecting the lead I currently use for mp3 to the zumo and it will work as described above or do I need to do it differently

Q2 If it is connected up with this one lead, will I get stereo sound as I do at present or is it mono as someone raised earlier in this thread.

Please help me as I really don't have a clue.

Paul

Hi,
Q1 Is it a simple case of connecting the lead I currently use for mp3 to the zumo and it will work as described above or do I need to do it differently

Q2 If it is connected up with this one lead, will I get stereo sound as I do at present or is it mono as someone raised earlier in this thread.
Paul

Q1 - Yes
Q2 - Yes, stereo over a wired connection.

Autocom - BT - Advice required

I have been working for years with the Graytronic Rider to pillion kit and it has done me well. I have recently purchased the Zumo 550 and two new helmets. I transferred the ear pieces and mikes and since then one of my ear pieces has stopped working , obviously I damaged it in the transfer. However I am sick of so many wires, so I was interested in the comments on the forum about the blue tooth technology. I am thinking seriously of going for an Autocom system.

What I require is helmet to helmet comms and communication with the Zumo both for navigation and music. Don’t want to talk on the phone at all whilst on the bike. Have been on the Autocom site and am a little unsure / confused as to what to buy.

I don’t mind spending the money. So given my requests and remembering I don’t want too many wires and I don’t want a tank bag full of kit what should I get. I suppose the big question is about BT. Is the BT reliable and if it drops out like some of you are saying does it reconnect or is there a procedure to go through to get it back again and is the quality as good as hard wire.

I would love someone to tell me what parts I require from autocom to satisfy all my needs. Can anyone possibly help.
:confused:

I
What I require is helmet to helmet comms and communication with the Zumo both for navigation and music. Don’t want to talk on the phone at all whilst on the bike. Have been on the Autocom site and am a little unsure / confused as to what to buy.

I would love someone to tell me what parts I require from autocom to satisfy all my needs. Can anyone possibly help.
:confused:

Owl1, you need an Autocom kit 200 duo as it comes with rider and pillion headset and does full stereo.
You will also need cable 1314 to route stereo sound from the bike-powered Zumo to the Autocom.

The help you offered , for what it was worth! was for me to travel to you, a return journey of some considerable miles and a full day of MY time, for you to cut some specific wire so the mute facility didn't work, thus rendering the bloody thing useless. This is after you had taken my money for the system itself, then had the gaul to sell me TWO bloody leads that you said would sort out the problem, they didn't !!!

Oh and lets see this remarkable help that you keep giving! Could it be that it's because everyone that buys your product has trouble!!! Just read the amount of threads asking for help.

Where do people like you get the nerve to sell something for hundreds of pounds then expect the customer to go out of HIS way to have it fixed. oh and seeing as we have been here before, you well know that all I am saying can be backed up with previous posts.... DO A SEARCH guys.

So Rich you seem to have a problem with customers that complain, it looks like you don't like it....'We'll' Think you better get used to it mate! I don't take kindly to company's taking money of me for goods not fit for purpose, so I will tell all and sundry of what my experience has been from you and your so called company....

Ohhh and by the way this not the only site I belong to!

Me Bitter....whatever gave you that idea!!

Autocom....Go shove it where the sun don't shine!!!!

if you dont want it my mate will kindly give you £20 for your broken autocom! :hide

Jacal, you're not 'The Sanguine' reincarnated are you:hide

Ive got the same problem with low volume from my Zumo 550 to Autocom. The music from my IPOD is excellent, but speech direction are is just too quiet for me with 'EARS' in, which was the main reason for updating from my 'Autocom Pro' (circa 1994)

I need to spend some time to go through the connections & settings to make sure that it isnt operator error, but I have been left feeling disappointed with my choice so far.:(

Back
Top Bottom