Developments at Motorrad Central Scotland

I hope they are expanding the workshop in Dalkeith. I had to wait 4 weeks to get a service last year because they were busy.
Wonder what the deal is with warranty and stuff when BMW no longer has a service centre near you?
Anyway commiserations to any staff caught up in this. I heard good things about you.

Warranty issues can be handled by any official BMW dealer !!

Looks like Clark's in Dundee have won another customer. It was always my closest dealer but I liked MCW. The staff were helpful and I usually could get the service fitted in at a time to suit me without having to book weeks in advance. I have used Dalkeith but I remember the difficulties getting a suitable slot when the MCW work was transferred there after the fire so unless there is a big increase in staff and workshop space I guess there may be a need to book well in advance again. Its a pity the dealer's workshop apparently has to be co located with the fancy expensive showroom. There may not be enough trade to keep two showrooms open but I don't think dealer service departments are regularly waiting for customers to walk through the door.

That's easy - don't leave it till the last minute like everyone does each year.
From what I've heard there are no plans to employ workshop staff over at Dalkeith from the Glasgow branch.
The workshop team at Dalkeith have a fab chief mechanic with over 30 years experience on BMW's coupled with a couple of decent sticks in there too. Mikey who used to work for the Yamaha race team and young Callum. The work is of a very high standard so there should be no issues

Is a fair point and I only really got caught up in it because I got a letter for a recall around the same time as a service was due. That said a service is something you can plan for but if your unlucky enough as need work done outside the schedules then its a bit rough to have to wait 4 week. For example the winter before I had to get a new left hand switchgear fitted and that took two weeks. The bike wasn't legally usable because the indicator couldn't be switched off. Didn't stop me using the bike but it probably would some.
On the other note, yes the mechanics are excellent. All the staff there are great so lack of customer service is never going to be a problem for anybody who chooses to swap over.

Warranty issues can be handled by any official BMW dealer !!

Yep I know that but if your in say west Glasgow, Dalkieth isn't exactly close. Its not a million miles away either but hardly local.
Guess it doesn't really matter, if anything it will probably reduce sales for BMW unless someone else fills the slot in Glasgow.

Yep I know that but if your in say west Glasgow, Dalkieth isn't exactly close. Its not a million miles away either but hardly local.
Guess it doesn't really matter, if anything it will probably reduce sales for BMW unless someone else fills the slot in Glasgow.

I agree with the above. Bishopbriggs was on my commute route and not far from work so it was easy to drop in for service/parts or just a nosey. I couldn't even tell you how to get to Dalkeith I just know it's the wrong part of Edinburgh for where I stay. It will be a loss for this side of the country.

As most have already said I hope the staff are able to get other work that's the only important thing.

Looks like Clark's in Dundee have won another customer. It was always my closest dealer but I liked MCW. The staff were helpful and I usually could get the service fitted in at a time to suit me without having to book weeks in advance. I have used Dalkeith but I remember the difficulties getting a suitable slot when the MCW work was transferred there after the fire so unless there is a big increase in staff and workshop space I guess there may be a need to book well in advance again. Its a pity the dealer's workshop apparently has to be co located with the fancy expensive showroom. There may not be enough trade to keep two showrooms open but I don't think dealer service departments are regularly waiting for customers to walk through the door.

There's a subtle clue there - why was east busy when west wasn't ??

Dalkeith

I travel from Shetland to Dalkeith to get my bikes serviced. A good crew and nothings a bother.Had four bikes from them.:thumb:beer:

What's distance got to do with it? Treat it as a day out not a chore!

People travel from the Scottish Borders, North Wales, Isle of Man and the Southern Counties ... to have their bike's serviced at Rainbow, Sheffield :thumb

Take a day off work, borrow a bike while yours is being serviced, have lunch, tea and biscuits, take it easy ....enjoy :thumb

:beerjug:

People travel from the Scottish Borders, North Wales, Isle of Man and the Southern Counties ... to have their bike's serviced at Rainbow, Sheffield :thumb

Take a day off work, borrow a bike while yours is being serviced, have lunch, tea and biscuits, take it easy ....enjoy :thumb

Funny you should say that Mick......:thumb

Even for those folks who can't there's the free collection from and return of your bike to the catchment area of the old Bishopbriggs dealership which closed its doors for the last time today.

Does make you think what people would want next to persuade them to use Dalkeith - Blood perhaps !!!??
I think the dealer's gone out of his way to cater for the casualties when Glasgow shut its doors - ultimately providing a service that's going to cost money somewhere along the line.
It isn't that far to get to Dalkeith when your on a bike thats built to do what it does.What is 60k ??? You'd do that in your sleep.
I think all you doubters might be pleasantly surprised by the more "Professional" approach at Dalkeith than the alledged "Homer Simpson" version at Glasgow.

Does make you think what people would want next to persuade them to use Dalkeith - Blood perhaps !!!??
I think the dealer's gone out of his way to cater for the casualties when Glasgow shut its doors - ultimately providing a service that's going to cost money somewhere along the line.
It isn't that far to get to Dalkeith when your on a bike thats built to do what it does.What is 60k ??? You'd do that in your sleep.
I think all you doubters might be pleasantly surprised by the more "Professional" approach at Dalkeith than the alledged "Homer Simpson" version at Glasgow.

Well said! :thumb2

My view too, I travel 160 miles return to use Rainbow - it's day out & I pass 2 other BMW dealers on the way :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I note all the guys from fife and edinburgh dont see a problem!

Its more I think a matter of choice or no choice, apparently their lease runs out in Dalkeith over the next couple of years and it will be interesting to see what happens then, perhaps move back nearer the west :flag

I have to say that i was not, at any time treated with anything other than courtesy and professionalisim During my various dealings at the Bishopbriggs branch

Personally I'm not convinced it's anything to do with their lease ending. In today's market place any lease holder would be delighted to have a tenant paying something rather than an empty plot. And I don't see that plot being easy for the lease holder to find another suitable tenant. I'm more likely to believe it's an opportunity to downsize. And again, in today's market, who can blame them. Fortunately, i'm right in the middle and whilst Dalkieth is a little further away, there's only 5 miles in it. With the location of Bishopbriggs, it was always a day out for me anyway so no big deal.

Personally I'm not convinced it's anything to do with their lease ending. In today's market place any lease holder would be delighted to have a tenant paying something rather than an empty plot.

I understand what you're saying but, on this occasion, you're wrong. Trust me...:)

You're correct that there were a number of factors but the end of the lease was the precipitating one.

Time to move on and make the best use of a dealership which must now have more stock per square foot of floor space than any other in the country. :D

It doesn't matter where you go, Alan Dalziel will be there. I went to Dundee, he was there, bishopbriggs- he was there, Dalkeith- he was there. I even went to Sorrento once and he was walking down the street eating a cone. I think he's been cloned by BMW and one day he will be in every BM dealership on the planet.

It doesn't matter where you go, Alan Dalziel will be there. I went to Dundee, he was there, bishopbriggs- he was there, Dalkeith- he was there. I even went to Sorrento once and he was walking down the street eating a cone. I think he's been cloned by BMW and one day he will be in every BM dealership on the planet.

Dinnae - his heid's big enough a'ready.....:augie

:D:D:D

I'm hoping there is only one and he is with you. That way I can avoid him trying to get me to put a deposit down on a new bike.

A.

I'm hoping there is only one and he is with you. That way I can avoid him trying to get me to put a deposit down on a new bike.

A.

Only a matter of time, dear boy. Only a matter of time.....:D

Back
Top Bottom