The final Cali 1100

Rob Farmer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
90th Anniversary colour scheme.

I quite like it. £11,549 though. Far too much money for what it is. Panniers look good.

California-aniversario.jpg

Yeah, I saw one recently and loved the paintwork - not really my sort of thing but couldn't help really liking it.

Andres

Very nice if you are American and like coca cola. It is known as the Coca Cola Cali.

It is awful IMO.

Steve

I saw this bike/colour scheme on Google images and press releases some 14months ago or more. I didn't like it then and think even less of it now....gross! :barf

Maybe I'm out of touch here (OK I am), but nearly £12k for a Cali..?

FFS you can get a decent one for £3k that'll be just as good :thumb2

I keep coming back to this and still rather like it.........I even saw a Harley the other day that I liked, what is happening to me :eek:

Re the price, I'm assuming £11.5k is the list price. Yup it's a lot of money but all big, new bikes are :nenau and anyway, since when did Guzzis sell at list, I don't think you'd be paying that when it comes to handing over the readies :)

Andres

Maybe I'm out of touch here (OK I am), but nearly £12k for a Cali..?

FFS you can get a decent one for £3k that'll be just as good :thumb2

That was my comment on the MG site about the new 1400i Cali. Huge amount of money. I said my 1100i cost 3K with 3000 miles on the clock. I know for certain that it will romp up the alps and get me to Italy and back, in any weather.

Why would I bother paying all that money for something that does exactly the same job and costs so much more?

I would rather use the extra cash on pizza and beer.

Steve

I like the colour, just think Guzzi screwed up royally when then went over to silly jap cruiser tank, side panel and seat set up. fecked up what was a classic model.

That was my comment on the MG site about the new 1400i Cali. Huge amount of money. I said my 1100i cost 3K with 3000 miles on the clock. I know for certain that it will romp up the alps and get me to Italy and back, in any weather.

Why would I bother paying all that money for something that does exactly the same job and costs so much more?

I would rather use the extra cash on pizza and beer.

Exactly right :thumb2

But then there's 'one born every minute' as my old man used to say :rob

Plenty of idiots out there to keep the economy turning :augie

I like the colour, just think Guzzi screwed up royally when then went over to silly jap cruiser tank, side panel and seat set up. fecked up what was a classic model.

But.........since the T3 Cali was replaced they have always looked 'broadly' like that. I don't see this model looking that different in essence from any of the other 'modern' Calis?

Andres

I was in the local guzzi dealer yesterday apparently the new Cali 1400 comes in at just under £15000. That's a serious amount if cash.

I was in the local guzzi dealer yesterday apparently the new Cali 1400 comes in at just under £15000. That's a serious amount if cash.

Somebody at MG is either somewhat detached from reality, or they don't expect (or need) to sell many...

But then again my last bike cost me £340, so I doubt that I'm really their target customer :D

But then again my last bike cost me £340, so I doubt that I'm really their target customer :D

And that is the nub of it.

Yeah it's a lot of money but then ALL new, big bikes are these days. I don't reckon the new GS will be priced much differently but that will almost certainly continue to be the best selling bike?

I'm also guessing that not only are we not the target market but nor are we the target country. This bike has to have been designed with the States in mind where bigger is always better. Has a certain synchronicity too seeing as the original Cali was designed for the Merkin market.

Andres

Somebody at MG is either somewhat detached from reality, or they don't expect (or need) to sell many...

Apparently there's going to be attractive finance deals on offer. So it looks as though guzzi are following bmw's finance model. The traditional guzzi customer who buys a bike and then keeps it for years is no longer the target market.

Back
Top Bottom