ABS and gear indicator GS1200R

Chrisville

Reaction score
Hi all.

I was just wondering if any of you in the past had any trouble with your ABS. My has gone faulty. The brake failure light is constantly on. Ive heard BMW might in some circumstances cover the cost of this repair on bike with out warranty. Mine is a 07 model with all the servicing done by myself. It's done 24k.

Has anyone know much about this or the best way to sort the fault out

Also my bloody gear indicator is all over the show at the moment. It either won't show or gets it wrong. At the moment its back in sync. Buts it's frustrating and needs sorting. Any advice on that one to would be appreciated.

Thanks all

Chris

Hello, Wilkommen Bienvenu etc.

Your post heading says GS1200R but you've posted in the R1200R section ... :nenau

At the risk of being a pedantic t**t, there's no such thing as a GS1200R - there is an R1200GS and an R1200R :rob. If you clarify which you've got, peeps will be better able (and more willing) to help.

I'd have thought you've a snowball's chance in hell of getting BMW to pay towards your ABS on a 5 year old bike you've serviced yourself but I'm no expert and others may disagree. Is it deffo faulty? Even if it is, u may be able to remove the ABS rather than pay for a new ABS ECU/pump/whatever - search for threads on here.

Have a good root around the technical sections and a bit of a search on here anyway and that may start you off.:thumb

Back
Top Bottom