Improve the sound of Scala Rider G9 - Loudspeakers change

Ironleg

Reaction score
Hi,
Wanted to share what I have done to my Scala Rider G9, it really helps, especially at high speeds, now the volume is properly strong.

I just completed this with my Autocom / BT set up, I removed the autocom in helmet spkrs and fitted the spkrs from a Tork Xpro set I had.

Noticeably louder and clearer.............

I did have a Scala G9 unit and got rid of it purely because it was not loud enough, should have tried this first.......

I have a G9 and find it too loud on full even in standard trim and that's me with dodgy hearing anyway. I have found with experience of Q2's, G4's and now G9 that its the positioning of the loudspeaker thats crucial. If its not loud enough, it needs to be positioning closer to the ear.

That is true, and first thing one should make sure that loudspeakers need to be positioned precisely agains the ear (which is not easy job). BUT, 95% of people I talked to were ok with the sound when riding in town and/or low speeds. The things change when you hit the highway. I couldn't hear shit when riding 160-180 kmh on stock speakers, even when my No@ was screaming into microphone! Not to even mention trying to listen to some music at those speeds! So, now it is a very very different story!! Finally I do not curse Scala!!!

I have a G9 and find it too loud on full even in standard trim and that's me with dodgy hearing anyway. I have found with experience of Q2's, G4's and now G9 that its the positioning of the loudspeaker thats crucial. If its not loud enough, it needs to be positioning closer to the ear.

Yea, the G9 spkrs could'nt have been any closer, my partial deafness and earplugs did'nt help

A question

I have the g4 and it's fine when listening to the radio but the noise is very faint and simply not loud enough when connected to an iPod.
I'm confidant the speakers are positioned correctly.

Any thoughts/advice?

Cheers Stuart :thumb

Have you done the software update to your G4? If a few years old - it apparently fixes a volume issue.

Mine is fine on iPod (turn up iPod output? But I use in-ear monitors.

Al

Have you done the software update to your G4? If a few years old - it apparently fixes a volume issue.

Mine is fine on iPod (turn up iPod output? But I use in-ear monitors.

Al

Thanks Al, I haven't updated it recently so I'll give that a go.

Don't know if it matters but I meant a wired connection, not Bluetooth.

Cheers.

that is all in vain... the only thing that will fix it is to replace the loudspeakers to better ones

Great guide, thanks for this - looks like I might be hacking my G9 to bits in the near future!

No commercial connection to Ridermount, but I changed out my standard Autocom speakers for the Tork Xpro speakers, much better in volume and quality. :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom