What are your plans for Le Tour?

First time I've seen the roadbook - interesting :thumb2

More beer - well cidre, favourite title so far...Bramley Swiggins :D

I'm well informed that things are getting busy oop dale ;)

Attachments

• 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 189
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 186
If any one is heading in the Ilkley direction to watch the tour i can offer secure bike parking and gear storage for the day, i live adjacent to to the Leeds Ilkley line and there's a 30 minute train service and a journey time of 15/20 minutes to Ilkley or Otley is a pleasant 4 mile walk.
Just pm for contact details.
That's a kind offer. Gave me an idea to travel to Ilkley by train but have to change at Leeds which will be overflowing with people :blast
Reckon I'm going to cycle somewhere instead - did 5km at the gym today - seemed easy to me, dunno what the fuss is about ;) :rob

I live just a few minutes from the Sheffield route, but I have little interest in it. Though I might watch the Sheffield stretch on tv

Just been for a mooch to West Tanfield & Masham.................everything's in full swing

it's bedlam

Campers camping, bunting and barricades everywhere

Oh and to top it all a wagon has spilt about 20litres of diesel on the bend, just after the stone bridge, going out of Masham:cool:

That diesel should keep them on their toes.................:blast

The Black Prince in Leeds city square has gone yellow :)

1107488384.jpg

They are NOT closed for the duration to walkers and cyclists...just motor vehicles

A chance to slim down GSers :p

There is a lot of confusion amongst people concerning this - you CAN cycle in, but if you want to drive your're probably going to have to plan very carefully - and you won't get anywhere near the key points after tomorrow night.

You won't get across the route (by vehicle) after tomorrow night either - you need to be in or out before then, and once again many of the cross-routes inside the loop are closed to motor vehicles for duration. NOT cycle or foot though.

There are places like West Tanfield that are not 'official' hubs but will get you close to the action. Plenty more places similar, but it will be very busy and a logistical challenge...but far from impossible, especially as a m/c can (in theory) get in a small space on a verge down a lane abutting the route (again, some of these are also closed mind). Think it through and there are options enough just to watch them whizz by, for key points you will probably be too late unless you cycle or walk in.

Once in a lifetime :clap

I'm thinking of watching the grinton moor climb, parking near grinton and walking up. I'll be coming in on the GS via ripon and B6270. Anyone got any good ideas of where I may be able to park the bike up?

Check the road closure on tour website decide how your going to get there do it early and dont change your mind would be my advice we have access to a cottage between Leyburn and Bedale but have decided to go to Masham for the day few beers attractions for the kids the village looks fantastic it is once in a lifetime its even going to be sunny in the afternoon if you have no kids and dont want to walk far then West Tanfield wuld be a good bet.

Le tour

Off down to muker for Friday and Saturday camping with family and friends, the weather looks poor for tomorrow just in time to put the tent up, really looking forward to it should be great craic :camping:camping:camping:beer::friday:thumby:

Off down to muker for Friday and Saturday camping with family and friends, the weather looks poor for tomorrow just in time to put the tent up, really looking forward to it should be great craic :camping:camping:camping:beer::friday:thumby:

Rode through there today and that looks like the place to be :clap:clap

I'm thinking of watching the grinton moor climb, parking near grinton and walking up. I'll be coming in on the GS via ripon and B6270. Anyone got any good ideas of where I may be able to park the bike up?

You'll have be up there by about 8am:blast

Was thinking of going out tomorrow morning for a ride (on my motorbike) along the latter half of the Sheffield route, but I'm guessing they will have closed the roads by then?

tour de

been watching the teams running the route through west vale and blackley ainley top
they really do look impressive
the army team went through the other day
i have been sweeping /cleaning the streets ready
all the routes have been swept scrubbed and strimmed
the hanging baskets have been fed and watered along with the tubs
must say its going to be dead exciting

biggest problem at the moment someone is spraying the roads with graffitti common in france
gonna be one hell of a party in halifax :beerjug::beerjug::beerjug::beerjug::beerjug::beerjug:

I had a trip to Reeth earlier at least one GS parked up a Grinton camping. Barriers staring to be put in place to go up tomorrow night.

been watching the teams running the route through west vale and blackley ainley top
they really do look impressive
the army team went through the other day
i have been sweeping /cleaning the streets ready
all the routes have been swept scrubbed and strimmed
the hanging baskets have been fed and watered along with the tubs
must say its going to be dead exciting

biggest problem at the moment someone is spraying the roads with graffitti common in france
gonna be one hell of a party in halifax :beerjug::beerjug::beerjug::beerjug::beerjug::beerjug:

When i went over Grinton this morning the local council was power washing the graffiti of the road, there was also an Italian team out heading out over Grinton a bit later on i came across the Sky team on the Patley Bridge to Ripon road and an unidentified team heading up Norwood from Otley, all the teams looked impressive.

Back
Top Bottom