e bike insurance somthing badly wrong

Nearly 6 months on and the website is still down. (They may need to change their trading name!)

If you're renewing, don't bother with the link that they are still putting in the renewal e-mails and referring to in their renewal correspondence - just ring.

Ebike! Dont get me started! Like others ive been with them for years, as I usually have at least two bikes and the ease at which you can swap bikes on and off the policy is great, well normaly sites still down I first noticed problems in September. Start of this month had to call them to add my newly aquried GS got through no problem no extra charge to add GS (policy has 3 months left) Called them last friday (20th March) to remove my Tiger955 from the policy as I was selling it to be told by the polite young man on the phone there was an IT issue and they couldnt access my policy to make the changes but they would call me as soon as it was resolved. ! I called back later as I just sold the Tiger to be told the same BS. When I pointed out I needed the Tiger removed ASAP as I was no longer the owner I was offerd to cancel the current policy and tske out a new one, but it was ok they would wavier the £45 cancelation fee! I then called again on Monday (23rd March) got the same BS but was told they had three people checking it through out the day! Still waiting to hear from them !

Glad i clicked the link on the forum.

I have been with eBike for a few years now, due to a couple of factors i forgot to renew on line. My memeory was refreshed after they sent a nice mail saying that my policy had expired , but i could click on the linky and they would reinstate if the cover hadn't changed for the pre expiry price.... hey presto click and no go!! All i get is the 'maintenance' thing .. Just how can i get proof of no claims without wasting £1.20 a minute as suggested above somewhere?

The number supplied on the LOGIN page is a local rate number, becuase of the problems it would appear they have had to set up an alternative call centre.

They are a bit hopeless - I've just taken out a policy with them - in the conversation the agent didn't take the mileage until after payment - this resulted in a "change of contract" and they kindly waived the admin fee - all in the same phone call!

Not a good way to start - frightening your new customer into thinking they were robbing b*stards....

The paperwork arrived nearly 3 weeks later and was wrong. The mileage was still wrong and they wanted a copy of my licence AGAIN (already supplied). It directed me to the Login page to make changes (STILL not working after 6 months and they are supposedly web-based to save us money) or send proof via email to an address which did not work.

After trawling their site I found another email which did work.

They were cheapest though.....oddly I had quotes from other brokers with the same insurer (Aegeas) for much more. I have no idea why they vary so much.

PS They did send me an explanation re the Login bit saying they are building a new site, available soon. Until then use the local rate number or email.

Re the above post of mine ..

phoned and went all through the process of retrieving an old policy ... exactly the same price as previous policy (£214 for 2 bikes) then i had to listen to a pre recorded 'contractual' type announcement. When that had finished the agent asked if there was anything i didn't undersatnd or agree with.
Well , when i asked the question about all the charges that i would incur if i had the audacity to phone instead of using the web based self administering , the agent had a giddy fit!!

Me - How am i supposed to administer my own account if there is no web site?

ebike - we are working hard to rectify the fault.

Me - Since about September 2014 if web forums are correct!

ebike - i can only apologise and things should be sorted ASAP.

Me - will you be waiving charges during the policy term if i cannot make my own amendments via the web?

ebike - I'm not in a position to say!

Me - Why hasn't the recorded message been updated to remove reference to being a " web based, self administered " insurer?

ebike - I'm not in a position to say.

Umm..... thanks for your time but i won't be taking up the offer.

Bennets - working webby - £139 ... :)

My Ebike policy is up in about 3 months, don't think i'll be renewing with them :rolleyes:
Its a week since I first contacted them to amend my current policy, still no response !

I also had hassle with them last year when I got a letter from the DVLA saying one of my bikes wasnt on the Motor Insurance Database and that I could be fined.

Contacted Ebike via email, as the call centre at that time was apremium rate, 3 emails later and then a threat of £1000 fine from the DVLA Ebike still hadnt managed to put the bike on the MID.

It was only when I emailed their complaints dept that I got it resolved and £50 back for my trouble.

With the level of competence demonstrated by eBike in this thread, would anyone be confident that they would deal with a claim in a reasonable manner?

Way too many questions for me to use them now (and yes, I have in the past)...

I was with eGroup from their early days up until 2009 when I had a no fault accident.

To say they were useless would be an understatement, to say they were a complete bunch of incompetent amoebas would be half way to the truth.

Needless to say I wouldn't insure a push bike with them now.

+1 mine is up for renewal on 29th, had two reminders with a link to sign in and accept, but of course the site is down for maintenance!! Just took out new policy with bennetts £126. ebike wanted £535, I think they are finished.

Finally gave up trying to contact Ebike:(.....signed up with Carole Nash and can now ride others bikes as well- yay:bounce1 !!!

Kenny, were you able to obtain prove of NCB?
My ebike policy will end soon and I will be looking to move to CN where I have my other bikes insured, but they need prove of NCB from me to use on another fresh policy.

I, also, gave up up on them and never renewed a couple of weeks ago. The usual problem of their website not working meant that I resorted to emailing them.
To my surprise I received a response and a promise to provide me with proof of NCB. To my further surprise they emailed me the proof on the day my cover with them expired.

Hi Timpo,

CN said it wouldn't be a problem ( ie taking my word for it:cool: ) but I will be contacting Ebike just as a matter of course ( my insurance ends tomorrow with them so hopefully they'll be on the blower for money etc ) and I can ask them then for proof of NCB.

Ebake NCB only goes up to 5 years. I have been with them for 9 and changed to another provider today. However, I was only able to claim 5 years NCB as that is all ebake would provide - despite a zillion emails asking them to provide me with the actual number of years. Most companies now offer discounts up to 9 years - so I have lost out here. I am going to try my luck with the Insurance Ombudsman.
I have also changed my email and have been unable to change this on the website. So every email I send them I get a response saying that I have used a different email and therefore have to first supply a load of security details! despite telling them that I have already provided them.

I did the same, it cost me an extra £14 pounds for insurance with 5 years ncd, rather than the 9+ I actually have!! Glad to be shot of ebike.

Website still down.

Mmm "Ebike". Perhaps they need to change their name and marketing. How many months :rob

I had been with ebike for several years with no problems whatsoever including a hassle free claim in which I was at fault. This year I've not renewed with them as the issue with the website didn't fill me with confidence.

I had a phone call from them when mine was coming up for renewal a few months ago. There was a hefty increase in the premium. When I pointed this is the women on the other end of the phone simply said "fair enough" and put the phone down.

I've been with them for years but that's the end of it.

Back
Top Bottom