not very happy with Klim

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuart.walker

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Dear chums

I wanted to vent my spleen!

I bought a Klim latitude jacket/trousers at Adventure Bike Warehouse 11 months ago - service was fine other than them sending the wrong length trousers, which I failed to realise straight away, wore, and so 'no can change' - joint fault I would say but I have been left with trousers a bit too short. :blast

Anyway that's not the point! My kit is 11 months old and you buy Klim kit (i.e. spend a large amount of money) to get the best, thus purchasing 'peace of mind' about quality. I just really tested it in the rain for the first time - 45 miles up the M5 in a real downpour. 'Nice and dry' I hear you ask?? No, totally fucking soaked - through all inner layers, still wet 3 hours later. NOT a happy bunny. :mad:

I was wringing the water out of my next layer down at my (not fat) midriff. Funnily enough my somewhat short trousers were fine and my daytona covered feet remain nice and dry…

So Klim/ABW - we know you read these forums - over to you!!

Stu

not yet - still at the wet, ranting stage!

Don't even know how to do that to be honest?

I suppose there's a customer service site?

When calm I will have a look..

Firstly, shouldn't you have realised you'd got the wrong length straight away regardless of who was at fault and before using them?

Secondly, shouldn't you be phoning ABW instead of spouting it here, Gortex has a guarantee you know, they will send it off for testing?

Thirdly, I've personally found the service from ABW to be first class with no complaints whatsoever and that service includes after sales.

thanks - the details are in my initial thread but

just to clarify:

1. I have already had a discussion with ABW about the shorter trouser issue - they were not able help

2. It wasn't that that the caused the problem! As explained my feet were fine - the kit leaked at my chest/midrif

I also have had a good service from ABW generally and am not upset with them - it's the kit that's let me down..

Stu

Dear chums

I wanted to vent my spleen!

I bought a Klim latitude jacket/trousers at Adventure Bike Warehouse 11 months ago - service was fine other than them sending the wrong length trousers, which I failed to realise straight away, wore, and so 'no can change' - joint fault I would say but I have been left with trousers a bit too short. :blast

Anyway that's not the point! My kit is 11 months old and you buy Klim kit (i.e. spend a large amount of money) to get the best, thus purchasing 'peace of mind' about quality. I just really tested it in the rain for the first time - 45 miles up the M5 in a real downpour. 'Nice and dry' I hear you ask?? No, totally fucking soaked - through all inner layers, still wet 3 hours later. NOT a happy bunny. :mad:

I was wringing the water out of my next layer down at my (not fat) midriff. Funnily enough my somewhat short trousers were fine and my daytona covered feet remain nice and dry…

So Klim/ABW - we know you read these forums - over to you!!

Stu

So you put some trousers on and did not realise they were too short but wore them.

Christ it takes me less than two seconds to realise a pair of trousers are too short.

or did you buy them 11 months ago and have only just put them on - in which case you are an idiot (unless you have a good reason).
I know ABW are closed today but you could have waited until tomorrow and hopefully got a reasonable/ positive response.

Your first port of call if you are unhappy with any item you have purchased, is with your retailer. I'm sure if you could pluck up the courage to pick up the phone, rather than rant on here, you may get a pleasant surprise from your supplier.

I have never understood why people feel the need to company about a product/company on an internet forum, rather than contact the correct person/organisation first.

Because Klim is the product he is complaining about, and Klim are made by Klim.
But he has no contract with Klim, Klim are quite entitled to tell he to get lost and contact the retailer - which is what he should have done in the first place. His contract is with ABW who, I have no doubt will sort him out.

My KLIM Badlands Pro is 100% waterproof but you do have to remember to make sure the zips are completely closed and that the tag is nicely pulled up inside the "garage". If they're not 100% closed, even though they might look as if they are, they will leak. Have you checked those although I'm assuming the Latitude usess similar zips.

Your first port of call if you are unhappy with any item you have purchased, is with your retailer. I'm sure if you could pluck up the courage to pick up the phone, rather than rant on here, you may get a pleasant surprise from your supplier.

I have never understood why people feel the need to company about a product/company on an internet forum, rather than contact the correct person/organisation first.

Thanks - you are of course correct in principle. 2 reasons for my actions though - 1. because I'm sat, wet, having my lunch and wanted a moan and 2. because i thought the fact that Klim stuff might leak was of interest to such a forum?

My KLIM Badlands Pro is 100% waterproof but you do have to remember to make sure the zips are completely closed and that the tag is nicely pulled up inside the "garage". If they're not 100% closed, even though they might look as if they are, they will leak. Have you checked those although I'm assuming the Latitude usess similar zips.

thanks for that - I was completely done up (I thought) at all access points! I will check and am grateful for your helpful reply

But he has no contract with Klim, Klim are quite entitled to tell he to get lost and contact the retailer - which is what he should have done in the first place. His contract is with ABW who, I have no doubt will sort him out.

Good point , but I think we are both in agreement that ranting to a forum shouldn't be the first port of call.

Are you sure about that?

No, but for the sake of splitting hairs, did you understand what I was actually alluding to?

Good point , but I think we are both in agreement that ranting to a forum shouldn't be the first port of call.
True enough, but if he's sitting in a grim cafe, piss wet through when he thought his expensive jacket was going to keep him dry, perhaps a little moan is forgivable.

Hi Stuart, the shop is closed today but I still browse the forums with it being a wet and windy day here.
I remember exchanging emails with you a couple of months ago about the "too short trousers " situation. As you had been wearing them for several months I did say that it`s hardly fair for me to take them back and just replace with another pair. I did say though that you could have a heavily discounted pair though and you could try and sell your current ones on. A fair compromise I thought.

As for the clothing leaking then thats a very different matter. In a nutshell it shouldn't happen!!
The warranty on the clothing is for the lifetime of the garment so I will be happy to resolve this for you.

I wear my Klim clothing constantly in all weathers and never had a drop come through, as have plenty of other customers. A lot of them are on this forum. This doesn't help you of course.

I have sent you a PM with how I think is best we move forward with this.

Gaz

Owner, Adventure Bike Warehouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom