T55 Tank Engine how much does it weigh?

its all poo

Reaction score
I have to pick up and move a T55 tank engine, its out of the tank. Does anyone know the weight of it? I have looked on the net and cant find any info.

It's about the same weight as an 11** engine ................

............ Oh no he didn't!!!!!

There is a Facebook forum ' Tanks and things FB ' Someone there will know.

they replied

Museum finaly replied and said 12gbp for the info?

However he said a T72 engine was 950kg that was for free

I suppose it depends on what is included in /with the engine. All ancillaries? Gearbox? Cooling system?

http://morozovkmdb.com/eng/body/t55agm.php

If the figures are correct somewhere between 920 and 1110 kgs.

Seems a bit light really, when a Cat D6K engine weighs in around 6 3/4 ton, and produces around half the power.

But then i guess tanks weren't built to clock up thousands of operational hours ?

Try the Tank museum in Saumur France,they have several in there.
It's a huge collection.

I have to pick up and move a T55 tank engine, its out of the tank. Does anyone know the weight of it? I have looked on the net and cant find any info.

Just engine, back from workshops so no gearbox or cooling system. Prof if you ask great and mention that I have a sectioned engine from the technical school.

Mucklburgh just replied if I wanted to donate it they would have it. And that was that !

Museum finaly replied and said 12gbp for the info?

However he said a T72 engine was 950kg that was for free

I just emailed them and said that I had been considering booking a coachload of veterans for a day visit, but owing to their attitude, I've now booked a day out at Duxford instead ;)

Back
Top Bottom