Eurokclub website - been down for a few days

In case anyone is interested (could it happen here?) the Eurokclub website has been hacked so the owners cannot control it.

A

Taken from another website:

More info:

Brian (phmode) from the EuroKClub has set up a 'restricted' facebook page for those former KClub members who wish to have a natter about things and the progress or lack of it that is being made trying to get the EKClub back on track!

He's told me that he is ok with me giving this link as quite a few of us were also members of the EKClub. The facebook page is only a temporary measure until either the EKClub is reinstated or another one takes its place.

Here is the link you have to use:

www.facebook.com/groups/628517183919603/

If you wish to join this page just click on the appropriate button and Brian will 'let you in!!'

Thanks for that - their original domain is still dead so I guess they never recovered from the hack.

The site wasn't hacked - the site owner did a runner

I am mystified as to why he "did a runner" - no money/subscriptions involved.

It couldn't be that the site was doing his head in, it's not as if EuroKClub was a zoo (like some bike forums one could mention!)

A

What's the story behind that? Can you fill us in?

The fees weren't paid to the server company so the account lapsed. The new forum which has risen out of the ashes is a completely seperate entity, started by some of the original forum members.

Back
Top Bottom