Tyres (sizing)

John B

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi Collective,
Anyone know if 120-70-19 Front and 170/60-17 Rear will fit standard (wire )wheels, I know they are a little 'wider' and lower profile. and may affect speedo accuracy but will the tyres fit the rims?? (I have 120-70-17 and 170-60-17 on cast wheels and they have no clearance issues)
Cheers :beerjug: JB

Shoe-horning a 170 onto the standard rear will create a profile that may not work very well against the profile of the front. It will depend on how the carcass adjusts itself to the narrower fitment and this will vary from one manufacturer/model of tyre to another.

Try it and report back... ;)

Shoe-horning a 170 onto the standard rear will create a profile that may not work very well against the profile of the front. It will depend on how the carcass adjusts itself to the narrower fitment and this will vary from one manufacturer/model of tyre to another.

Try it and report back... ;)

Hi Paul,
Thanks for reply, confirmed my worry re that, 170 is ok on the cast (slightly wider) wheel so I think I'll pass on these (in FSAW) Annakees, shame as a good price and near to me for a change!! Cheers, John B

I know what you mean, John. I have the wider cast rear fitted to mine & it currently runs around on a 190 tyre without any issues but I wouldn't have fitted this to a standard 5" rim.

Back
Top Bottom