IRL Stickers

Well, I expected one or two replies, but.......:D

Previous experience sur le Continent indeed bears out that an IRL sticker eases one's passage through the niceties of interactions with some of the local populace :aidan

Thanks for the links, guys :cool:

Wouldn't leave the country without it, also stitched badges on each sleeve. Be surprised the difference in hospitality received as a result. Spanish and French behaved very differently as soon as stickers and badges were present.

Previous experience sur le Continent indeed bears out that an IRL sticker eases one's passage through the niceties of interactions with some of the local populace :aidan

There's a reason, it's cos we're nice guys. Watch out for the GBzers!

I spent a few weeks cycling in the Loire with my tent back in 1980's. I'd be knocking on peoples doors looking for water etc, they'd hardly talk to me until I got the lingo right, once they found out I was Irish they'd be inviting me to camp in their gardens.

In last few days, while rushing to meet the once weekly sailing back to Ireland a group of seemingly all female college students invited me to camp out on their front garden ( they were running some sort of summer camp), I suppose they couldn't resist the young Irish lad who I guess was all toned fronm cycling 60+ miles per day with luggage :D, unfortunately I had to make that ferry the big effin eejit that I am:blast:blast:blast

I got my plate made up with NI in it. Causes quite a few Europeans to ask where I'm from. :D I presume it's not the slightest bit legal, but that doesn't bother me in the slightest, nor have I been pulled about it.

I've seen some cars and bikes with an NI plate on them.
I assumed they were from Nigeria.
Snigger, snigger.....chortle, chortle.

Put an Ireland sticker on one pannier and a Scotland on the other. Problem solved.

Yes good idea and helps a lot with the feds ,been using them for last 40 yrs on my travels throughout Europe ,America ,Canada,Australia and New Zealand. It also a good idea to have Irish Passport. Have met some very nice people from them seeing the IRL plate.Go for it.

Yes good idea and helps a lot with the feds ,been using them for last 40 yrs on my travels throughout Europe ,America ,Canada,Australia and New Zealand. It also a good idea to have Irish Passport. Have met some very nice people from them seeing the IRL plate.Go for it.
Entering Mauritania with a bunch of guys with U.K. passports - the military were being a bit stroppy. :eek:
We finally got to be allowed in and the head man is handing back the passports. He gets to me and looks at the Guinness label (the harp ;) ) on mine and says "Irlandais - mon ami!" :thumb2
The other blokes were astounded. :D

Back
Top Bottom