Come on Cato .... Lets be having yer ....

Nutty - Your Bike Is Nearly Ready!

That's annoying. I test rode one Saturday, and they said they had a cancelled order. I didn't think too much about it, but when I spoke to the DP, he said its end of quarter, so they'd do me a "deal I couldn't refuse". They lived up to that!

Delivery tomorrow.:JB

Here you go fella - just on the bench having the final bits put on it. Apparently you've ordered the engine bars coz you're a big girl who will no doubt drop it in the first couple of weeks!:D

I tried to get them to let me scrub yer tyres in :p

Attachments

• IMG_0321.jpg
    IMG_0321.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 310
That's annoying. I test rode one Saturday, and they said they had a cancelled order. I didn't think too much about it, but when I spoke to the DP, he said its end of quarter, so they'd do me a "deal I couldn't refuse". They lived up to that!

Delivery tomorrow.:JB

Hey Nutty, you previously said "I will. But it's a first year model, and I won't buy a first year model again. The grips will be sorted in 2016." referencing the XR in a previous post (I'm not stalking, honest, just looking to see if I should be having a serious look at the XR and came across your earlier remarks). So what made you change your mind? You are keeping the GSA surely?

Ha ha ....

Ahhhh .... tossers ... all of you .....

(long days at work this week .. )

Yes, it looks a pretty good bike, I'll give you that!

I'd say the one thing it has in abundance over the 1190r is going to be corner entry. Whilst I'm sure my 90/90/21 front would cling on to everything I can throw at it, when I'm caning it on the road there's always a tiny bit of my brain thats reminding me that my front is pretty skinny. I wouldn't say it puts me off, but I'm probably just the tiniest bit more cautious than I would be with a standard 17'' front.

So enjoy .. :thumb2 We'll have to have a play and pitch the two against each other on a decent road.

Dont forget though ... my heart is still in bumpy, nadgery back b roads. 80 ... 90 .... eyes are on stalks! Can't get into big trouble with the feds, and still get yer rocks off. And long travel suspension with a V twin is pretty hard to beat on those roads.
(And then of course you can bang it down a by-way .... :D)

Ha ha ....

Ahhhh .... tossers ... all of you .....

(long days at work this week .. )

Yes, it looks a pretty good bike, I'll give you that!

I'd say the one thing it has in abundance over the 1190r is going to be corner entry. Whilst I'm sure my 90/90/21 front would cling on to everything I can throw at it, when I'm caning it on the road there's always a tiny bit of my brain thats reminding me that my front is pretty skinny. I wouldn't say it puts me off, but I'm probably just the tiniest bit more cautious than I would be with a standard 17'' front.

So enjoy .. :thumb2 We'll have to have a play and pitch the two against each other on a decent road.

Dont forget though ... my heart is still in bumpy, nadgery back b roads. 80 ... 90 .... eyes are on stalks! Can't get into big trouble with the feds, and still get yer rocks off. And long travel suspension with a V twin is pretty hard to beat on those roads.
(And then of course you can bang it down a by-way .... :D)

I'm up for the challenge (said in a french silly accent) as long as you are in some way handicapped to take into account my piss poor ability

I'm up for the challenge (said in a french silly accent) as long as you are in some way handicapped to take into account my piss poor ability

Yeah .... but to put a blindfold on Giles, to even things up, would not be in the spirit of the challenge :eek:

:beerjug:

Ahh c'mon Micky ... He wasn't that bad ... :)

Yeah .... but to put a blindfold on Giles, to even things up, would not be in the spirit of the challenge :eek:

:beerjug:

I hate to admit it but even if that were the case he could probably still command a draw:D There are things that only a lifetime of professional riding bring to the party.

Hey Nutty, you previously said "I will. But it's a first year model, and I won't buy a first year model again. The grips will be sorted in 2016." referencing the XR in a previous post (I'm not stalking, honest, just looking to see if I should be having a serious look at the XR and came across your earlier remarks). So what made you change your mind? You are keeping the GSA surely?

I did, didn't I?!:blast:D

In fairness, it's not really a first year model, as the S1000 has been out for a while. The heated grips are hotter than my R, although I didn't try them properly the other day. I wasn't going to get one until next year, but I was offered a good discount, an over allowance on the R, and a free screen, so it was a no brainer.

However, the GSA ain't going anywhere, I'll be keeping that for the foreseeable.:thumb

Here you go fella - just on the bench having the final bits put on it. Apparently you've ordered the engine bars coz you're a big girl who will no doubt drop it in the first couple of weeks!:D

I tried to get them to let me scrub yer tyres in :p

You were under strict instructions to get a picture of Steph on the bike, wearing a bikini.:rob:D

The engine bars aren't on yet, as they forgot to order the bolts!:blast So if they're not there tomorrow, I'll probably go for the HP engine guards instead.

Now tucked up in bed:D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 311
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 246
f50c976d194686006c09f5e83a6c4dd3.jpg

The GSA will be getting a feeling of neglect :)

Rich, is it true the SE models are coming through without the rear rack !

Rich, is it true the SE models are coming through without the rear rack !

It looks like it, as mine doesn't have one! I won't be fitting a topbox, so am not that worried at this stage. I guess it'll be fitted at the first service, but will ask later.

It looks like it, as mine doesn't have one! I won't be fitting a topbox, so am not that worried at this stage. I guess it'll be fitted at the first service, but will ask later.

Rich

What tyres has yours come with as i have seen them with Bridgestones and pirelli diablos ?

You were under strict instructions to get a picture of Steph on the bike, wearing a bikini.:rob:D

The engine bars aren't on yet, as they forgot to order the bolts!:blast So if they're not there tomorrow, I'll probably go for the HP engine guards instead.

So why does it need engine bars, it'll spoil the good looks of the bike

Why do people fit engine bars to bikes - are they dropping them all the time nowadays

Back
Top Bottom