Africa Twin 1000 Offroad with Nick Plumb

JohnnyBoxer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Nice review on AdvBike TV with Nick Plumb on board

Watch closely at 8.59 though and see what happens to a 1200GS WC:eek:

(i) Ouch ...wtf ?

(ii) Arsey ; when you watch this; at 10;14 hit the fast forwards for a few seconds......

(iii) Impressed with Nick Plumb , the whole presentation was fantastic. PS Is there anyone else who thinks he looks a bit like Giles?

Shame they didn't bother to say if he was ok .

Looks like he tried to do a bit of a stoppie and he Went over the bars . Ouch indeed :eek:

I did the gs off road course in Wales years ago. I thought I was going well along a fire road (50-60 mph) Nick plumb pulled along side on an 1150, stood it on the back wheel and shot off, then disappeared from view round a bend. I was thinking "how the hell do you do that" rode round the bend to find him in a heap on the track :D

Had to laugh at 4.11 - it certainly does not turn you into an off road riding god :D

Also interesting that Nick P said it should be compared to the Tiger 800/GS800 rather than the bigger bikes.

Still a good review for the AT :beerjug:

70/30 off/on road......:nenau. Don't think even Honda claim that one.

And is Nick Plumb a bit of a plonker ? :comfort

"Pride comes before a fall" literally in this case - what a muppet.

70/30 off/on road......:nenau. Don't think even Honda claim that one.

And is Nick Plumb a bit of a plonker ? :comfort

Correct. Anybody who thinks that the AT is designed as anything other than road bike with sliight pretensions to some light off road use is also a plonker. Yes, we have seen videos of some very talented riders using them in anger off road but is definitely a road bike, just like a GS.

It is also more of a director competitor to the 1050 KTM rather than the 1190 or 1200GS yet all the mags etc insist on comparing it to the big GS as it is the market leader. I said long ago in one of the other pre release threads that some people overbike themselves by buying the big GS because they don't want to buy the 'small' 800. Just like Boxster owners get accused of not having a proper Porsche by 911 owners . I too have pretty much done the same thing in buying my CTourer as I don't do the two up touring that I used to do.
I think the AT could be a very good compromise. Happened to be in Rochdale HOnda the other day and they had a black one in , looks much better in the flesh and with some black bars and lights luggage etc would look great.

Totally agree that it's competition isn't the 12GS, 1190 etc.....the 1050, VStrom, F800 are better comparisons. Personally, I really don't feel the need to compare my AT against anything. It is what it is, I happy with it, others opinions don't really matter. Still, the bike mags like to set things up against each other for their readers.

Totally agree that it's competition isn't the 12GS, 1190 etc.....the 1050, VStrom, F800 are better comparisons. Personally, I really don't feel the need to compare my AT against anything. It is what it is, I happy with it, others opinions don't really matter. Still, the bike mags like to set things up against each other for their readers.

Enjoy :thumb

Back
Top Bottom