RT LC Service

busy builder

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
How much are people paying for a 6,000 mile service on the LC

I've just booked mine in for this but they (Harry Fairbairns Inverness) won't give me a price up front.

That's pretty bad, why don't you ring other dealers around the country and ask what you should expect to pay?

Surely some dealers somewhere will give you an idea.

Ring Bahnstormers Alton, ask for Jody, tell him Danny the camping rep suggested you call and I'm sure he will help.

Mine will be £0 as part of buying the bike i included in the deal the first service at 600 miles and the second one at 6000.

If you think about it these are good bargaining points….it will cost BMW an hours labour at most ,the parts they will have in and pay next to nothing for too..So I will save around £300 cash which has not cost them a lot of outlay .

My local dealer has quoted £237 for 6,000 miles service...............

£237 ! That seems high .....bowkers ?

On my last RT TC it cost me £330 is the LC cheaper to service ?

Yeh, £237 thats Bowker quote.

Got a quote from a local independent motorcycle garage (ex BMW technician, using BMW OEM components and fluids, so maintains warranty) of £139.

Bit of a difference!!

Throughout my ownership I have always budgeted circa 300 for a minor service and 400 - 500 for a major service. It's never been far out. Whether it's been the 1150 or 1200. I can't see it being much different for the Wasser. Maybe a bit more labour charge to strip all the plastic bits off and put them back on.
Welcome to the World of BMW!
Your choices;
Pay the money
Find an independent
Do it yourself
Or buy a fucking MZ you cheapskate

Or buy a fucking MZ you cheapskate
I have recently returned to this forum after a couple of years away (sold the GS and bought an F800GT, now sold and bought an RT). Since I've started to follow the forums again I'm amazed at the abusive bile that that some members seem to feel the need to spew out towards others that raise quite reasonable topics. I generally do not respond to messages, not because I don't have an opinion, but because I really cannot be bothered to read the response from some troll.
If this forum is to remain relevant and accessible by all the Moderators perhaps need to actually 'Moderate' some of the posts.
If that doesn't happen then some of us really do need to wind our necks in.
Just my two penny worth, I suppose I'll get flamed now.

I have recently returned to this forum after a couple of years away (sold the GS and bought an F800GT, now sold and bought an RT). Since I've started to follow the forums again I'm amazed at the abusive bile that that some members seem to feel the need to spew out towards others that raise quite reasonable topics. I generally do not respond to messages, not because I don't have an opinion, but because I really cannot be bothered to read the response from some troll.
If this forum is to remain relevant and accessible by all the Moderators perhaps need to actually 'Moderate' some of the posts.

I'm actually surprised that there isn't filter on this forum to prevent such language, perhaps sadly it's acceptable on here :eek:

I don't use this forum much as there isn't much RT related which is just as well if this is what we get on here!

Than you better avoid the "Pub":blast or join The BMW Club ....full of nice people there;)

Agreed, 10/10..... Some miserable lowlife even started a poll to kill me !!
(I guess he was disappointed with the result?)

Service done, only engine and shaft/final drive oils & filter. £145

New right side (bar) control done and about 4 updates.

Back
Top Bottom