Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Devon Christmas/Winter Camp Saturday 10th December

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazzer66 View Post
    So 2016 was the Hottest year ever - what's the chances of that changing before 9 December?!
    Rich, do we get a free pint if we turn up in summer gloves (yeah alright, I do have hand guards and heated grips........

Bazzer
    If you give the organiser a contribution of around a tenner for all his efforts in getting this up and running.... he'll buy you a pint.

If quitters never win and winners never quit... What idiot came up with 'Quit while you're ahead'??????

Devon camping

If you are planning a walk for the saturday, what time would be thinking of leaving? I am hoping to come just on the saturday, I am only 20 miles away so can get there anytime on the saturday to join any activities. I have just spoken to the pub and there are still places available for the group meal saturday evening.

Al.

Quote Originally Posted by DevonAl View Post
    If you are planning a walk for the saturday, what time would be thinking of leaving? I am hoping to come just on the saturday, I am only 20 miles away so can get there anytime on the saturday to join any activities. I have just spoken to the pub and there are still places available for the group meal saturday evening.

Al.
    If it's not pissing down and people would like a walk, then after breakfast, around 1000ish.

If quitters never win and winners never quit... What idiot came up with 'Quit while you're ahead'??????

Quote Originally Posted by Madmountainman View Post
    If it's not pissing down and people would like a walk, then after breakfast, around 1000ish.
    I'll bring my boots, and i'm not sure if i'd rather it was wet but warm(er) - I've had to revert to winter gloves this week!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bazzer66 View Post
    I'll bring my boots, and i'm not sure if i'd rather it was wet but warm(er) - I've had to revert to winter gloves this week!!!
    Put some nice furry muffs on and you can ride in summer gloves all year round!

Muffs are great this time of year

Yellow 2000 r1150gs

Put some nice furry muffs on and you can ride in summer gloves all year round!
    I've been holding off getting a set of muffs for fear of losing my cred, however, given the amount of times I've dropped my bike its already shot to pieces!!

Rich
    Other than the muffs, I'm all set for this great camping event - and it looks like the weather will be 'mild'.
    Two nights booked in campsite (don't forget your log burner!!) and meals booked in the Palk Arms. The only thing i'll need is some helpful tossers to help me get my bike from the tarmac to the tent pitch without dropping it!! I'm hoping Orinoco has made other arrangements for his mutt so he can join us on Friday night.......

Baz

Weather forecast for next weekend's looking positively balmy, with temps in the low teens. Booking meals at the pub seems to have been a bit hit and miss, as the owners asked for confirmation on how many we need a table for.
    Bazzer, Orinoco, Matkat, Myself, Paul Cymru, Dave & Val, Chug-chug and Sandy are confirmed. If anyone else is coming and would like to eat in the pub, Fri and/or Sat night and/or breakfasts, will you please post here and i'll liaise with the Landlord to ensure you get a seat.

Ok. I'm in. Please sort a seat in the pub for me, cheers

Guys, I've had a death in the family and will have to fly out to Ireland on the Friday for the funeral, therefore will not get down on the Friday, I am still going to poodle down Saturday morning and camp.

Kind regards

Liam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear the family news Liam, but chuffed to see your commitment to attending the event still. We've got a friendly sized group for our table, so i'm looking forward to an enjoyable event, but I am surprised and disappointed that no-one else in the local area - that doesn't fancy camping - hasn't put themselves down for attending one of the evenings for a bit of a social. Where have all the SW GSers gone?

Sorry to hear the family news Liam, but chuffed to see your commitment to attending the event still. We've got a friendly sized group for our table, so i'm looking forward to an enjoyable event, but I am surprised and disappointed that no-one else in the local area - that doesn't fancy camping - hasn't put themselves down for attending one of the evenings for a bit of a social. Where have all the SW GSers gone?
    I do feel for anyone who takes the time to arrange a social meet, I went to the small boil rally Yorkshire way, admittedly the weather didn't look good for Sunday but so many people didn't make it......all I say is "I enjoyed it and if I say I'm going to an event...I'm going to turn up" no matter what. Anyway still trying to sort flights out, so whatever happens I'll be looking forward to a beer when I get down to you guys latest Sat afternoon.

Liam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The doomsayers at The Met Office are vaguely predicting rain of some sort for Saturday. We'll play it by ear as to what we do, but a walk involving a pub stop half way is my intention, unless it's absolutely chuffin it down. If people want to go off for a ride, or anything else, they're more than welcome.

The doomsayers at The Met Office are vaguely predicting rain of some sort for Saturday. We'll play it by ear as to what we do, but a walk involving a pub stop half way is my intention, unless it's absolutely chuffin it down. If people want to go off for a ride, or anything else, they're more than welcome.
    Don't talk much but I'm still planning on being there, probably mid Friday afternoon 2 night's. Appreciate the effort it takes. Thanks MM.

Ride down to Hennock Hideaway

I'll be heading down to Hennock Hideaway from the Ilminster area from about midday on Friday and aim to drop into Cotswold Camping en route to bag any last minute Xmas bargains (whether I need them or not!!). I am to use the recommended route to the campsite and get there at about 3pm with just enough time to get the tent up before darkness/happy hour!

Bazzer

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast