STOLEN

I was just wondering because they are detecting them quickly and removing them it must be more than luck

They use phone signal equivalent (cellular) and gps, so two methods of communicating. Nothing is direct to your phone from the device, it's communicating to a central portal that you subsequently connect to to track etc. That's my understanding anyway.

There does appear to be devices online to detect the signals , but they aren't cheap.

Every reader of this post will have that sinking feeling. One question though, you said the cctv filmed the van. Did it get the number plate or was the van stolen too?

They use phone signal equivalent (cellular) and gps, so two methods of communicating. Nothing is direct to your phone from the device, it's communicating to a central portal that you subsequently connect to to track etc. That's my understanding anyway.

There does appear to be devices online to detect the signals , but they aren't cheap.

Selling the bikes/bits will soon cover the cost of the scanner for these people

Ebay item 270630817695 £159 512 sold very popular :rolleyes:

Every reader of this post will have that sinking feeling. One question though, you said the cctv filmed the van. Did it get the number plate or was the van stolen too?

They came in with a scooter , of course with no visible plate number, 92seconds in and out! Job done!

I personally think the device is very usefull and works fine!

It s all a matter of where it is placed

It can ne detected but it has to be put in a place where there is too much work to be done to remove it!
Considering the high rate of stolen gs...a good start would be installing a tracker during the assembly of the bike!
Hidden inside somewhere to make it a very very long process to remove it!

Lets pray the insurance to give me the money back now!
Good luck to me!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It s all a matter of where it is placed

It can ne detected but it has to be put in a place where there is too much work to be done to remove it!

Here lies the problem...size. The smallest I come across is the size of a small box of matches, but the battery will last only 72 hours. It was recommended by a security company, but has mixed reviews...

http://www.trackimo.eu/en-uk

Here lies the problem...size. The smallest I come across is the size of a small box of matches, but the battery will last only 72 hours. It was recommended by a security company, but has mixed reviews...

http://www.trackimo.eu/en-uk

You can hard wire them. I've got one on my drone and use one on the bike if I'm leaving it somewhere I'm not entirely happy with...

Anyone see BBC inside out last night?They did a piece about the theft of land rover defenders ,2nd most stolen car in the UK, mostly being shipped to Africa. They also mentioned the high end ranger rovers stolen to order.one range rover dealer was showing what he called a magic wand about the size of a mobile phone that emits a tone that changes when it is near the tracker location .Even the factory fitted ones were sniffed out and apparently the thief's can block the signal until they can remove tracker in a secure location .vehicle then shipped abroad, they showed police recovering some range rovers in containers in the UK and in Africa. One small crumb of comfort was that this dealer has come up with a very small tracker that is undetectable, for obvious reasons he would not discuss it in detail but it could be hidden anywhere on the vehicle. Now whether any body would develop something for bikes is another question but shows its technically possible.

Sorry to hear about KIng-Ari's loss, and I do so hope that the poor dears who did this do end up in RTC during a police pursuit, hopefully one that involves flames...

Worried to hear about the tracker, but not surpised that it was so quickly and easily removed. Our bike store was burgled recently, we lost a Sherco and neary lost my new CCM GP-450. After that we had BikeTrac units fitted by the local dealer.

I had to remove some of the bodywork a few weeks agao and found my BikeTrac unit rammed into a corner of the bodywork, held in place with a length of double sided foam tape, the tape had not touched the bodywork in few places. This is where tracker type units fall down. If the fitter is trying to a 10 minute job of it then it will just be placed in a location that is convenient to the fitter, one that is also convenient for a thief with a scanner :-(

Anyone see BBC inside out last night?They did a piece about the theft of land rover defenders ,2nd most stolen car in the UK, mostly being shipped to Africa. They also mentioned the high end ranger rovers stolen to order.one range rover dealer was showing what he called a magic wand about the size of a mobile phone that emits a tone that changes when it is near the tracker location .Even the factory fitted ones were sniffed out and apparently the thief's can block the signal until they can remove tracker in a secure location .vehicle then shipped abroad, they showed police recovering some range rovers in containers in the UK and in Africa. One small crumb of comfort was that this dealer has come up with a very small tracker that is undetectable, for obvious reasons he would not discuss it in detail but it could be hidden anywhere on the vehicle. Now whether any body would develop something for bikes is another question but shows its technically possible.

Wrap it in lead, solder the joins, job's a goodun'!:D

One small crumb of comfort was that this dealer has come up with a very small tracker that is undetectable, for obvious reasons he would not discuss it in detail but it could be hidden anywhere on the vehicle. Now whether any body would develop something for bikes is another question but shows its technically possible.

Surely if its ok for cars, then it will track a bike being moved? Or am I missing something?

Any word from the insurance company, OP?

Surely if its ok for cars, then it will track a bike being moved? Or am I missing something?
Yeah sure it would work on a bike but sounds like they are not on general sale dealer developed it and probably charges plenty of wedge to install on range rover etc. If he knew about the gs market he'd probably get plenty of customers 🙄

Any word from the insurance company, OP?

Lots of word from the insurance company....but no money whatsoever!!

They are trying to prove me ineligible for the claim in any possible way!
It ll be a looooong fight...

Very close to call the obudsman.. it s a matter of days but these guys are abusing of my patience!!

And the idea i wont be able to buy another gs makes me sick!!! So i ll fight them with everything i got!!
Keep you posted
Ciao

Curious as someone keen to make sure an insurance company doesn't try and prove me ineligible, but what sort of things do they question and scrutinise prior to making a claim? I'm guessing mileage, place stolen, security etc.

Lots of word from the insurance company....but no money whatsoever!!

They are trying to prove me ineligible for the claim in any possible way!
It ll be a looooong fight...

Very close to call the obudsman.. it s a matter of days but these guys are abusing of my patience!!

And the idea i wont be able to buy another gs makes me sick!!! So i ll fight them with everything i got!!
Keep you posted
Ciao

That's not good. How can they possibly wriggle out of paying out?

Are they saying you changed its appearance without telling them therefor not paying out ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom