The Nav V is a dead product

fredaroony

Reaction score
Garmin will be releasing no more updates for this product. It has bad bluetooth issues which they dont want to seem to fix.

It took nearly 3 months to even get a response from their engineering dept and all I got was bullshit.

_xu2PwpV_0URkZtvj2QXlu0kPB2enHWSVFoOVsZLcV8WUIm0PMAT1_torrWQQvyOjU99d5Gv3k81ibRj4pe78LiONUFzFi-X93DKmNuZxL4MQPoFZywTewh_le0Bsy6UVpGgMI68blawILhZd_MhDuLcJA2HekNIRQYEQuU5WCZoAd-Z8ILBkLuUwM_5t6IQR6DtqBkzUNw2MqZG7838IeZTc7AD0JBnJDi4zVzi3Zl8yfS1B5fsrvFqqtDuN5aA5HOPGhl0MTyzlt6l-8Vuz0sxizm7Tuvf0SMSv49976YXy_0NGAemeZSFqtoJ_IjJfJP407cua7IGjYQnZPALDYS7zh4amcMuplaJzefTy-cd1pW5RvSOvmAegTR99pHMGiKUxqdl6fdzw38CglBb7QkGLiI9W7F7HNxAGOcJNev4_1WKdLG1aixmS4y6kXj32hSDugrXvEsgK_8SnLDXwmKOW5Y6KeM6-NOlJO3pNNNE-W1N4bTkI4Tg-d5ad3WyPeBJ6l0Y3lTraqEHN_KPZ2ra65pOQf-_X4tlHRBGtEeDidfqGviYnYp9oOZwz8KeedatwTwnFWfcY_mFDo9z2RJxxzRx7YCixEH8Yc8BXPW5R5jJwtQhow5cIJj4irE5lKeaMZ_QNQ=w784-h963-no

Sorry if I missed it, but what issues are you having? My nav v works fine with bluetooth, paired to the Rt and my Scala and iPhone.

Sorry if I missed it, but what issues are you having? My nav v works fine with bluetooth, paired to the Rt and my Scala and iPhone.

You will be in the middle of a call and both parties start hearing an echo of their own voice but not each other. I am not the only one to experience this and I tried different phones and headsets.

No issues with the same devices and the Tomtom Rider 400 I had...

You will be in the middle of a call and both parties start hearing an echo of their own voice but not each other. I am not the only one to experience this and I tried different phones and headsets.

No issues with the same devices and the Tomtom Rider 400 I had...

I have just seen your thread! I started of having problems where the Nav V kept on disconnecting from Bluetooth device (my phone) and then just the other day after the most recent update I had the echoing and distortion. I don't understand how they can just stop updating the product! I have a Garmin watch which is 8 years old and that still gets updates!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have experienced no issues with phone calls with my Nav V. Must be something to do with the version of bluetooth being run.

I have just seen your thread! I started of having problems where the Nav V kept on disconnecting from Bluetooth device (my phone) and then just the other day after the most recent update I had the echoing and distortion. I don't understand how they can just stop updating the product! I have a Garmin watch which is 8 years old and that still gets updates!!!

Yeah it's very bad and especially since it's still being sold

I have just read on a Sena forum, that Garmin are aware of the problem. The chap was told to clear his trips history and switch off history. He was also told to disable traffic, apparently Garmin think its a processor overload issue. So not sure if you have tried this as a fix :)

I have just read on a Sena forum, that Garmin are aware of the problem. The chap was told to clear his trips history and switch off history. He was also told to disable traffic, apparently Garmin think its a processor overload issue. So not sure if you have tried this as a fix :)

This would actually make sense to me because ever since I started using the traffic services that's when I first noticed problems with the navigator!! It's Still rubbish! If the processor can't do the job it's supposed to do then obviously there's a bigger issue than just updates! This happened to me a few times in the middle of Brussels last year where it nicely covers up your screen to tell you Bluetooth is disconnected just as you are approaching junctions like algebra!

Do you use your phone often on the few times you negotiate the Belgian capital's tricky junctions?

I find that most GPS/ Bluetooth devices can multi-task far better than I can and therefore only take calls when stationary.

It has nothing to do with making or receiving calls, the Bluetooth connection between the navigator and phone drops out, leaving a warning/alert box on the Navigator screen covering up the map! Hence making an already difficult to navigate situation even harder!

that made me chuckle. You make a good point but I bet it's working as advertised!

Certainly is, takes me all over Europe and you can use OSM for the latest maps

£40 a pop on here, used.............just keep buying up a good'un, I have a couple in the cupboard as spare backups that should keep me in SatNavs until at least 2025

If it breaks, get a map out

Paying £600 for a Nav 6, you lot must be minted or mad:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom