Modification aids smoothness and reliability...

Steve R

Reaction score
Looks like it might work.....

Attachments

• GWGS1.JPG
    GWGS1.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 591
  • GWGS2.jpg
    GWGS2.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 607
Because he could apparently. He loves Gold Wings but wanted something different. Built it all himself. The Gold Wing owners club people aren't happy. Neither are the GS people. Result! If you're a bit unsociable I suppose.

Who cares what others think.
Its his money and his bikes, its not like they are rare.
Good on him blokes like this make the world a lot more interesting.

Adrian

Apparently BMW copied Honda's design for the current water cooled engine from this very Gold Wing motor, twin spark, exhaust on the bottom throttle bodies on top :D

That motor appears to be masssive when it's in a GL1000 - but it looks pretty compact in a GS chassis.

Maybe the GL is just another of those bikes that looked huge in their day, but seem pretty small now we're used to bikes like GSAs.

That motor appears to be masssive when it's in a GL1000 - but it looks pretty compact in a GS chassis.

Maybe the GL is just another of those bikes that looked huge in their day, but seem pretty small now we're used to bikes like GSAs.

Believe me, I was stood right next to it. It looked narrower, less bulky and lighter.

It should be narrower, each cylinder is only 250cc instead of 550 plus on the Oilheads.

It'll be interesting to see how the UJ in the drivetrain copes with the extra rear wheel travel

Back
Top Bottom