Thread: New Nav 6 Question - on a new RT - please?

New Nav 6 Question - on a new RT - please?

Right, just traded in my 2016 GS, with Nav 5. for a new RT - and with Nav 6

Didn't have any issues with the Nav 5 whatsoever on the GS.

Now despite updating the Nav 6 before putting it on the new RT, I'm finding that the rotating knob thingy doesn't make the Nav 6 zoom in/out or change the screen at all.

The bike goes in for the 600 mile service on Tuesday and they've promised to try and have it sorted.

I was merely asking on the previous Nav 6 thread if anyone else had had a fucking problem with it.

Didn't want to start a new bleeding thread but since the previous thread was about Nav 6, I just thought I'd ask the question on there.

Didn't mean to cause an uproar - just wondered.

Otherwise, apart from that, it's fine.

Thank you

I did but can't see any mention of it.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    The dealer will sort it out for you. Or at least they should.

Whilst you are there, chuck your brand new (freshly updated by you) Nav VI GPS device into as many BMW bikes as they'll let you touch and try the whirlywheels out. Does your Nav VI device work properly in any of them?

Yes it should zoom in and out. Get your dealer to sort it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nutty GSER View Post
    Yes it should zoom in and out. Get your dealer to sort it.
    .....and I assume change screen pages, too?

In short, the whirlywheel on the RT should do everything with the Nav VI that the Nav V did on the fellow's 1200. Is that your message?

I sold the Nav 5 on here just before picking up the new bike.

The wheel works fine on the bike and works through the various bike menus itself but it doesn't seem to talk to the Nav 6.

I'm sure they'll sort it but just was looking for pointers really - there nothing in the bike manual.

So yes, I guess that's my message - maybe I didn't explain it very well...

The RT wheel doesn't do as much as the wheel on the GS with the Nav. You firstly have to be in the Nav menu on the centre console. The actions are limited, well they are on my 2014 RT

I'll move this thread into the RT section, where hopefully there'll be someone with the bike and a Nav VI who'll be able to give you a description as to how theirs work together.

Richard

Well casbar was right and I was doing it wrong!

And I missed it in the manual - so my fault entirely.

On the GS, rolling the control wheel zooms in and out but it doesn't on the RT.

Problem solved - thanks all !

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

glad you are sorted .....it either takes to reading the manual or finding out by trail and error. As above the RT does not have as many functions to speak to the nav as a GS.....To zoom in and out on the RT you can twist the wheel left or right and as you say on the GS you wind up or down !

The GS also had a full page on My Motorcycle ,its not on the RT

Playing Music on the RT through the nav ? want to change track ? flick the nav left or right ..on the GS,flick left or right but hold while flicking.

On the RT ...scroll through the menu till you come to PAGE....here you can use the wheel to flick through the pages. the RT has a Menu button with a little Diamond on it.....hold that button down while using the nav and its stores that page as a favourite. So no matter what page you are on just a much of that button takes you to your preferred page. In Winter i used the heated grips as the favourite page,so I could adjust heat quicker rather than flick through the pages and menu to get there.

Have fun finding out how it works properly