Mitas 07 or TKC?

stolzy

Reaction score
Trip to the Stella Alpina in July -what tyres do I need?

Trip participants divided on this some say only TKCs will do. Word on the UKGser street seems to be in favour of Mitas (poss with a TKC at the pointy end)?

What say you?

I took my Ducati Multistrada up there on conti Trailattacks with the only time it got a bit worrying being when I had to ride over fairly hefty rubble but before getting too excited I’d spend 5 minutes looking to see what you can actually get for your bike.

I took my Ducati Multistrada up there on conti Trailattacks with the only time it got a bit worrying being when I had to ride over fairly hefty rubble but before getting too excited I’d spend 5 minutes looking to see what you can actually get for your bike.
As I'm already finding out:blast

I did it on Tourances several years ago, but I was younger and braver then.

I thought you might have a bit of a problem getting your chosen tyre to fit your bike.

It could be worse, you could have a GT that’s got a sidestand that doesn’t like slopes and now be needing a new clutch lever :blast

A friend goes every year, and I was talking to him about this very subject as I was interested in going. He reckons all but the very top would be OK on Trail Attacks.

Have to say, I'd fit TKCs and do some of the other military roads while I was there.

It’s well worth going and always remember that the guy who organises it sells badges and stickers from his van at what he judges to be the highest point achievable for road bikes. I’ve seen all sorts of bikes at the top including a trio of Italian registered Harleys right up by the snowline.

Don’t go near it if it’s wet because some parts get very greasy and that’s where a pair of TKCs become essential.

A friend goes every year, and I was talking to him about this very subject as I was interested in going. He reckons all but the very top would be OK on Trail Attacks.

Have to say, I'd fit TKCs and do some of the other military roads while I was there.
Exactly what we were planning to do again. Last time I was on Tourances and it was fine in the nice sunny weather. Though perhaps a different story in the wet:eek:

Back
Top Bottom