Am I the only one here who likes his R1200GS?

jonothan

Reaction score
It seems so.

Thread after thread after thread on this board, being critical of the quality, the service and so on. It seems to go on and on and on and on.

I love mine. It's an '06 model (which I suppose may explain a lot). But I just want to say that I am so happy with mine. And the service I've had from my dealer (Astle in Grimsby) is first class.

I'm a happy bunny. Am I alone here?

J

No

I love mine but still am not happy with BMW themselves, especially because of their apparent lack of customer care when things go wrong.

The bike is great and 17 months, 11000 miles later, the bike is running better than ever.

Mine's due for a change, as it's a company bike, but I really can't think of a bike I'd rather have.

It's only the attitude of BMW that makes me concerned about buying another because I said I'd never deal with BMW again.

Even Ducati were more helpful when problems arose with my previous Multistrada.

Nope, I'm bl**dy delighted with my bike (R1200GSA) ... and also with the dealer (SPC) and their attitude, no problems with either.

I do have an issue with BMW over their very poor logistical management, due to my experience over pannier orders and fulfillment, but the dealer is blameless in my eyes over this ...

My only other comment would be that in hindsight after 5500 miles of mixed riding, both one and two up, I've begun to question my choice of an ABS equipped bike.

Not because it is a problem in itself, but having experienced the servo vs. non-servo bikes first hand I think the extra feel of the non-servo bike is telling. Then again you have to set this against the benefit of ABS in all-year round riding (which I do!). So an old argument, but one which I now have first hand experience of ...

Now, ask me the same question in a year or so's time with 20-30k miles on the clock and we'll see ;-)

21,300 miles and still smitten. Had the odd problem here and there but it's all part of the ownership experience. I would buy another 1200 no question, but probably not the new Adventure.

Must say I'm happy with the Bike (12GSA) and happy with the local Dealer's help even though I bought it in far away lands..

My biggest problem is justifying buying the bloody thing in the firts place as I just don't have time to enjoy it.

I think mine's the best bike I've ever owned. I've averaged 100 miles a day since I bought it* on wet and dry roads, on my own or two up, commuting or 'having fun'. Does everything I've asked it to, and the dealer (Southport Superbikes) have been great.

Dave T.

* I've only had it 3 days, so thats a grand total of ~300 miles so far. Still love it though!!!! :D

I love my 1150Adv. However, I really enjoyed using a 1200 on the BMW off-road course, to the extent that when I broke it (puncture) they gave me an 1150 Adv for a bit - and I couldn't wait to get back on the 12!

The 1200Adv is growing on me - if I could afford it I probably would.

I think mines' the best thing since the last bike I had. :D But then, I'm waiting for something to go wrong so that I can come on here and slag it to death. :thumb

Happy as can be with mine

first GS May 04, superb, few problems in first 3500 miles after that great. Brill trade in at local dealer with 21500 miles on clock, led to 06 Model April 29th. Six weeks later 2500 miles used no oil, gearbox goes into gear like butter, tickover smooth as a daisy, brakes excellent, finish superb performance goes like a treat what more can I say.

Find the more you use them the better they are.

GSMan :thumb

detested first 12GS due to reliability.

This one works fine so far, love it. 800 miles last weekend :D :D

I love mine but still am not happy with BMW themselves, especially because of their apparent lack of customer care when things go wrong.

Never had this problem; my dealer as well as my bike is superb - on my second one. Wife thinks it's the most comfortable bike she's been on- so that's a bonus then. :D :D :D

Had a few of the normal problems (EWS and Gear Indicator ) aswell as two ABS recalls, which is more trips to the dealer than my last three bikes put together.

I still think its by far the best bike i've owned, for the type of riding i do. So i guess i'll have to grow a beard and start smoking a pipe :D

As the bloke who recently went into rant mode on a "my 1200 isnt perfect, should I sell" thread, you can probably guess that I like mine. :eek:

Not so much that I'll stop riding it up the side of quarries, mind :D

05 bike, May, love it to bits it's best bike i have ever had in 39 years of ridin
New FD when it was a baby, and thats all that has gone wrong. still getting used to the BM thing thou as they are ODD :thumb

Mines a shitty 04 - and i love it... the only problems I've had (and the previous owner had) has been car drivers pulling out in front of it!

Only problems I'm aware of are a bit of premature corrosion here and there....

Back
Top Bottom