I Mac, where to buy?

(RIP) Boxertools

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My son needs an I Mac for his architecture degree work and I was wondering if anyone knew where to get a good deal?

Mike.

Try here.

If your lad qualifies,you should be able to get him a discount which i think is about 15%.

Apart from that,Apple pretty much price-fix throughout the world.

I got my iMac and MacBook Pro locally having checked prices in the US and A & beyond.
There were very small savings to be had so I bought at home.

Consider buying from John Lewis. The price will be the same as everywhere else, but you get a 2 year warranty as opposed to the standard 1 year offered by Apple.

Apple deals ...

... I bought my son a MacPro (?) lappie a couple of months ago, got the student discount and they were doing good deals on printers (i.e. free) and 3 year warranty reduced to £50. Interestingly they offered the same price in store as on the net. :thumb

centaur said:
Never stopped to consider the 'blackmail element' of this, why not any PC ?

Don't know about architecture, but there are several industries where Macs have long been traditionally used. Video editing, sound recording and graphic arts for example.

It may be a concious choice to teach students on the sort of equipment that they are likely to encounter in industry.

Also Macs are, and always have been, far superior :D [size=-2](he typed on his pc :rolleyes: )[/size]

Thanks for the replies, it seems that he can get a student discount and purchase via the uni.
Mike.

Back
Top Bottom