Caribou (Pelican-Based) Luggage Systems

Roger P

Introducing Caribou Motorcycle Luggage Systems for BMW GS's, Suzuki V-Stroms and Kawasaki KLR. Based on the Pelican 1550 case, this is the world’s toughest, most waterproof, and most durable luggage system…
41586827-M.jpg

64904654-M.jpg

58060989-M.jpg

81211384-M.jpg

69181997-M.jpg

Weatherproof NEMA 4 rated key lock integrated into the Pelican case, so you don't need padlocks to lock the lid shut. The weatherproof compression lock (big knob in photo below) secures the case to the bike and is keyed to match the case lock.....
41586786-M.jpg

The external Quick Release compression lock system allows the cases to be taken off and on the bike in seconds, no need to open the case to access pucks or latches.....
41586790-M.jpg

Dual lid lanyards take the stress off the case lids and keep the lid from opening past 80 degrees creating a convenient shelf. Elastic straps with a clip in the center hold your gear into the large cavity of the case. These features keeps your gear from falling out onto the ground...
109521564-M.jpg

Optional Inner bags designed specifically for the Caribou cases are available to keep your gear organized. Take your gear from the bike to your hotel room in style...
100253565-M.jpg

Pelican/Caribou case material is extremely tough, durable, shock absorbing, and water tight. It won't shatter or crack like hard plastic, won't dent and bend like aluminum, it is by far the toughest motorcycle luggage in the world...
41586745-M.jpg

Strong 3/4" 16 ga TIG welded steel tubing is used for the rack/rail system, designed for a clean uncluttered look. Heat resistant Teflon-like bushings at all contact points prevent metal-on-metal wear and fatigue. These rails are basically an extremely strong exoskeleton frame on your bike and act as crash bars when the cases are off....
41586797-M.jpg

A rear cross bar tucked under the fender creates a strong box structure. The lower rear corners are tucked-in toward the wheel to minimize snags on rocks, stumps and trees....
41586806-M.jpg

Plenty of room for passenger’s foot on passenger peg...
41586768-M.jpg

Narrow profile, only 35" to 38.5” width (depending on bike) across outside of cases at widest point. The cases are up high enough for canyon carving, but you can easily swing your leg over the top.....
41586774-M.jpg

All bracket/rail parts are made of steel, so they are field repairable in the event of a very bad crash (no exotic alloys or aluminum). The compression lock cam lob is designed to break-off in the event of a hard crash so the case can eject in order to protect the bike's subframe. A "limp home" feature allows you to temporarily strap the case to the rail in the event of a hard crash. A new compression lock is only $25 USD.

The Pelican cases and the rack system are offered as a complete set or as seperate items. The Pelican case used here is the 1550 (35 liters per case). The quick release rear top case (coming soon) will use the 1550 and 1520 (25 liters per case) as well. For the BMW 1200 & 1150 GS, V-strom 650 & KLR there is enough room on the non-exhaust side between the rear wheel and inside of the case for a small tool kit case piggy-back to the 1550. This is an option called the "Toolkit Case."

This is the toughest most waterproof and durable motorcycle luggage system in the world. We ship worldwide via United States Postal Service Express Air (5 days to UK). For more information you can send me an email at info@adventure-motorcycle.com.

Here are a few additional photos....enjoy....
41586753-M.jpg

52502158-M.jpg

81211384-M.jpg

81211340-M.jpg

72428645-M.jpg

OK, the big question is.............................

How much? :nenau

for the above mentioned set up, including delivery to UK

Also, I am looking for a reseller partner for EU countries. Preferable someone already set-up with a shop to do light assembly, web-site sales, support, etc.. Please send me an email if interested.

Thank you.
-roger
info@adventure-motorcycle.com

These boxes are the business. They look really good as top boxes as well. There are a few sellers of pelican boxes in UK already but in the interests of stating the bleeding obvious - the frames are the important parts.

I'm astounded - this has been up for nearly 6 hours now and nobody has mentioned he isn't a site sponsor yet....must be a record. ;)

Very nice panniers by the way, good luck with your venture. :thumb

AndyT :cool:

scottykm said:
OK, the big question is.............................

How much? :nenau

for the above mentioned set up, including delivery to UK

You can see more details with pricing info at www.cariboucases.com. The price is $695 + shipping for the whole system. Shipping to the UK via United States Postal Service Express Air (5 days) is $200. There are less expensive options with longer ship time, send me an email or call for shipping quotes other than Express. Hope this helps.

AndyT said:
I'm astounded - this has been up for nearly 6 hours now and nobody has mentioned he isn't a site sponsor yet....must be a record. ;)

Very nice panniers by the way, good luck with your venture. :thumb

AndyT :cool:

I'm new to this site, and an American on top of that :D . I found the sponsor button, and as of a few minutes ago I am now a proud sponsor, but still an American :eek:

Thanks for understanding. Now please go to www.cariboucases.com and buy some luggage :thumb

don't tell me i'm the only brit on here with a set of rogers cases :eek:

Top bit of kit, cost me around £550 all done (ymmv), slightly more than a set of touratech panniers but so much better in my opinion :D

Might not be as easy to stuff full of crap as a toploader but if you store stuff correctly you can get loads in them, plus the cases and racks survive knocks well. I ran into a bollard at 10mph when i first put them on and did no damage to anything but my pride :p

bike01.jpg

Just waiting on a top case solution for the 05 and up 650s now roger :thumb

rc mad said:

Yes, any updates on the prototyping for the quick release adaptor for the R12GS top case?

lesliek said:
Yes, any updates on the prototyping for the quick release adaptor for the R12GS top case?
The quick release top case product is in production now. I plan to have it ready for sale in mid-December. For the 12GS I plan to do a couple of versions. One will fit the stock rear tail rack (with extra supports at the rear of the plate), and one to fit without the stock BMW tail rack. Pricing in the $250-$300 range. With the dollar tanking and the British Pound holding up, you guys get a pretty good deal. :beerjug:

These look like as good a system as I have seen yet. I wish they'd been around when I did my trip :rolleyes: Regarding the size, personally speaking I reckon they are spot on as most ally luggage systems are way to big IMHO.

Good work sir :thumb

Top quality system and design - i'm impressed

...and a bit pissed off that i didn't get off my arse and do it. Its so obvious. :D

I dragged 4 fully loaded Pelican cases full of tools and 'stuff' round the world by air and they are very impressive bits of luggage.

rc mad said:
don't tell me i'm the only brit on here with a set of rogers cases :eek:

Top bit of kit, cost me around £550 all done (ymmv), slightly more than a set of touratech panniers but so much better in my opinion :D

Might not be as easy to stuff full of crap as a toploader but if you store stuff correctly you can get loads in them, plus the cases and racks survive knocks well. I ran into a bollard at 10mph when i first put them on and did no damage to anything but my pride :p

bike01.jpg

So how much did the TAX man want on top of the sold cost please?
The price is good at £474.21 but then import duty and vat will UP that some.

Quick look through my receipts (yes i am that sad :D ) shows that i paid £39.76 in vat and shite for each case. it'll end up around £555. VAT on each case was £26.26 and parcelfarce stuck on a clearance fee of £13.50.

Roger sends the rack and cases out unassembled, everything goes in the pelican cases, I did look at sourcing the cases here in the uk ( you can pick them up for around £100 each) But I ended up buying the whole lot from roger because i'm lazy and didn't fancy drilling holes in the cases. Plus i wanted one key access to the cases and the locks to remove the cases from the bike.

They are great panniers and if i understood roger correctly it won't be long before i have a pelican top box on the Dakar :bounce1

bustupbiker said:
So how much did the TAX man want on top of the sold cost please?
The price is good at £474.21 but then import duty and vat will UP that some.

Surely theres some sort of way round paying VAT etc Is 2nd hand stuff exempt ;) :D

Back
Top Bottom