My Berg

RickA

Reaction score
Just thought I would post a pic of my new 450Berg, just to piss off Fanum...:D

What a cracking day that was ( Thanks Timolgra ) and this pic sort of sums up the benefits of getting out into the hills for me. Hope you will agree - great view.
Shame I coudn't post it in it's full size to do it justice.

Cheers, Rick.

Attachments

• Berg-04.JPG
    Berg-04.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 439
Not another one who is gonna tease me with pics of their Burg :tears :tears

Great bike, loved mine and hope to have another soon.

Gimme gimme gimme.:thumb2

Nice bike Rick:augie , it your fault I've got this so thanks:thumb

Attachments

• IMGP0945 (Small).JPG
    IMGP0945 (Small).JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 392
And I'm sure Gareth won't mind me posting my photo of his 'big' Berg (whilst it was actually going):rolleyes: :D

Attachments

• IMGP0813 (Small).JPG
    IMGP0813 (Small).JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 389
Those Bergs look pretty mean, can't wait to get a loan of Tims when he's in Morocco :augie

Seems like this is the Husaberg thread and I hear another one one of us is getting a new one.

I wonder if he can ride it like this:bow

Attachments

• ice wheelie.jpg
    ice wheelie.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 343
What are Husabergs like for servicing & reliability? I ask as I recently heard them referred to as "Husabangs".

I had the possibility of buying an '04 FE450 or an '05 FE550 at good prices. I take they're for experienced riders & not just for green laning?

Change the oil/filter and clean the pre filter after every 10hr ride use top quality fully synthetic, uses 1litre.

Clean air filter every couple of rides.

keep valve clearances correct which is a 10 min job. (when you find out how!)

So frequent minor servicing and not just wash it and put away untill next time bike which may not be suitable for many trail riders but sublimely rewarding to ride.:) Really they're a full on race bike so you don't want to let it overheat by keeping it ticking over etc
Some of us think the 450fe is the one to go for and Gareth off this forum has just got a sleeved down to 380 one today for trail riding. No doubt he'll be along to tell us how fantastic it is. (he's already phoned me and raved about it:D )

I'm new to owning one, but '04 and newer are the best ones to buy, with revised fueling and ignition etc. when they started to build them at KTM.
Prior to that is when they recieved the Husabang:eek: reputation especially if not properly maintained.

Bags of character to ride and own, many owners love them despite high maintenance:thumb

This is my Berg... well it's not mine actually, I borrowed it for two glorious weeks :D

:beerjug:

Attachments

• Berg.jpg
    Berg.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 310
My 450 berg has arrived..................wooooooohooooooooo.

Can't ride until next weekend :tears .

Will get pics as soon as I can.

Oh yeah baby. Went to go and see her today. Few things that need looking at, looks like the oils been overfilled and the tickover was all wrong. Sorted the tickover but probably could do with a quick strip dowm and check. It's on a 53 plate but runs well and is fairly quick.
overall it's in good nick, used with a few bits that need touching up but a good enough deal. Don't care, I've got my Berg and I'm in love again :D :D

Oh yeah baby. Went to go and see her today. Few things that need looking at, looks like the oils been overfilled and the tickover was all wrong. Sorted the tickover but probably could do with a quick strip dowm and check. It's on a 53 plate but runs well and is fairly quick.
overall it's in good nick, used with a few bits that need touching up but a good enough deal. Don't care, I've got my Berg and I'm in love again :D :D

Now this time try not to live up to your name, ie Flip the thing and fly onto your bum, Mrs flipfly will not be too happy picking tarmac out of your backside........................again.

1st Dec 2003. I believe it's the 2004 model :nenau

I had a 2002 400 and that was fine. I'm not fas enough to kill the engine :D

not fast enough to kill the engine but

heavy enough to flatten the tires and bust the suspencion:aidan

Back
Top Bottom