ROAD KING SLIM

The smudger

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So, I had a week on the Harley, about 600 miles, and decided, it's too fkin lardy. Now I love the look of the bike, but it really is heavy! What to do...

Trade in not an option, anyhow i went to a dealer yesterday where the 'clown' offered me 2 grand less than the 11k FatBoy he had, and the Fatboy was shit, really, 2005 bike, I reckon it rusted more whilst I was there.

I pointed out all the rust points and the tosser kept saying "the Fatboys are a classic, everyone wants them, condition isn't king" Wanker.....

Decided yesterday to take a few bits off the Road King. I mean will I ever use the panniers? And then theres the front and rear crash bars, and the luggage rack (ever felt the fkin weight of those things!) even the No plate holder weighs a fair bit. After a while a pile of bits formed. I even took the rear footplates off (I wont let her indoors on it anyway..).

This is how it looked..

And now, she's shed a few pounds. It rides better :D and it felt different just wheeling it in & out the garage....

I like it.....

Just need a licence plate holder now, anyone got any ideas? I thought of a side mounted one??

Beach bars, really comfy...

I quite like the back end as it is. I do have the licence plate holder that was on the bike but its now the wrong one, has a couple of holes in the top and right angles to take the rack.

Maybe a small thin one in the same place as the old one? with an aluminium pressed plate, now theres an idea.....:D

Beach bars, really comfy...
I do like them.... and the look.... I may have to get the spanners out soon :green gri

Maybe a small thin one in the same place as the old one? with an aluminium pressed plate, now theres an idea.....:D
Mine was on the rear bomb proof BBQ rack which I removed.... mine is here now:-
i-DRMdJMJ-L.jpg

I really like the idea of a stripped down King.... But...... The bags need to go back on!!!the shocks and rear end are missing the lines...

for once i agree with you twizzle ,never likes the mock leather bags ,but i do like the stripped down look with hard panniers .
but everone has there own style and likes ,whatever you like is fine .

I wondered what a RK would look like without the bags and racks. Looks ok and no doubt it's lighter. The Switchback with it's removable bags and lighter frame may be perfect for your needs.

I do like them.... and the look.... I may have to get the spanners out soon :green gri

Mine was on the rear bomb proof BBQ rack which I removed.... mine is here now:-
i-DRMdJMJ-L.jpg

Can you do me a favour Paul? Take a picture of you're number plate holder without the plate on mate? Looks like it could be the way to go for me!

Thanks,

Can you do me a favour Paul? Take a picture of you're number plate holder without the plate on mate?....
The plate is stuck to the holder with double sided sticky pads.... what is it you want to see Steve?

Steve

Does this help?

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1371536940.926588.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1371536940.926588.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 218
Yep! Perfick..

Thanks Mike, looks like just the thing I need, did yours come with it on?

I think I've got one of those chappies that I took off mine. You can have it if you want it (providing I can find it in the dark recesses of the garage). Let me know! :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom