800GSA - Pannier racks to take Touratech panniers

iainnic

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Having had the bike for 9 months now, you'd expect that Touratech would have a pannier frame, but no !

I had TT panniers on my 800, bought the 800GSA with the expectation that Touratech would have a frame out PDQ as normal for BMW bikes. Despite several emails to both Germany and the UK, the best they have come up with is to suggest that perhaps a frame for a R850GS will fit... not clever :blast

So, has anyone found or know of a frame that will fit ? The old 800 frame doesnt fit,a dn I dont really want to be forced down the route of buying BMW panniers .

Iain

Having had the bike for 9 months now, you'd expect that Touratech would have a pannier frame, but no !

Maybe not such a surprise but more of a business arrangement :nenau you only have to type touratech into google and panniers pops up before you even type the word

Touratech have a limited range for the F800GSA at the moment. showing F800GSA bits for the zega's :D

I can see the problem as regards anyone having TT pannier from there F8 and wanting to keep them, the question one would need to know is when are TT going to (be authorised to) make a frame to fit?

A bit like a film doing the cinemas before it comes out in a DVD :D:D

probably all made in the same factory :rolleyes: Oh you and your bigger fuel tanks :blast :D

I know metal mule had a set for the 800 Advennture, I have actually seen them as i pop in and had a look whilst they were being developed. They would fit most brands of ali panniers.

I have emailed Paul to see when they will be ready to sel. Use to work for them so hopefully I will have an answer soon.

Back
Top Bottom