HP2 like new.....

Edventure

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’ve been having one of my HP2’s extensively renovated at Bahnstormer over the last 6 months. I went through a period of HP perversion and actually ended up with 3 of the beasts last year but decided to rationalise down to 2. One for riding and one to restore to as new condition.

The guys at Bahnstormer took it on as a winter project and quoted me a reasonable labour price and work began last November/December. They’ve actually taken photos of the complete build which I’ll post when I get them but I thought I’d show you the almost finished article. The parts list is too numerous to mention but effectively if any part showed any wear or damage whatsoever it was replaced. I guess apart from the engine internals it was pretty much a full nut and bolt rebuild. It was touch and go getting hold of some of the parts as stock levels are pretty much depleted on many parts now. Frame and plastics went off for repainting and came back looking better than new. Before anyone mentions the WP stickers on the forks……yes, they will coming off. Still on the hunt for a mint original exhaust. I've got a couple that are slightly dinged but just want a mint original to complete the bike. Apologies for the phone pics they don't do justice to the excellent work Jason at Bahnstormer has done.

Now that looks stunning.:drool What was the total cost for the restoration? I assume you won't be taking this one off road!:p

To nice to use properly, good job you have a spare!
Regarding the spare parts, don't manufacturers have to keep them for about 9 years?

It's a credit to the owner........

Credit to the owners wallet...:D Can't publish the price of the restoration, if the missus ever finds out, I'm toast!

Will have a big box of used spares very shortly.....

Credit to the owners wallet...:D Can't publish the price of the restoration, if the missus ever finds out, I'm toast!

Will have a big box of used spares very shortly.....

Maybe you can give us the list of things you've had done, over and above restoring to it's former glory, the forks and Akra :thumb2

Ok, let me be the one who walks up to the big fat elephant in this room, and ask.....

WHY? :nenau

Ok, let me be the one who walks up to the big fat elephant in this room, and ask.....

WHY? :nenau

Why restore it?

Why not?
I happen to think its a classic bike and I'd like to have one in pristine condition. Enough?

Why? Because he can!!! I'm glad that people do stuff like this it preserves items as they should be. I look at posts about scooped out grape fruits and think why? Is it any different to doing up a series 1 land rover?

Back
Top Bottom