Sign me up now.... ;-)

• Yes

Votes: 11 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jarv

Reaction score
How would you like a weekend exploring some of the best legal rights of way the South has to offer and having a bit of social fun thrown in....?

Then look no further and sign up here:

I'm thinking of putting together a 1 or 2 day Treasure hunt/orienteering event in late August open to all comers on Pogos or bigger bikes. The idea is to have a bit of good old fashioned fun with a bit of competition thrown in for good measure.

The event would be map based (absolutely no GPS) to challenge navigation skills for teams of 2 (min) to 4 (max). Waypoints would be spread out over wide area with varying points scored for visiting each one. The winners would be the ones who score the most points (not necessarily visit the most locations).

All waypoints will be in off-road locations to ensure as much off-road navigation as possible; points will be lower for easier to get to locations with bigger points for the more distant, more difficult locations. All locations will be accessible to big GS's style bikes and Pogo's alike but clearly the more difficult sections will test your riding skill. You will enounter rock, sand, mud, ruts, chalk, water, etc, etc.:thumb

Each team of two or more will be given a map and list of waypoints to find, navigate to and retrieve data from on registration on the day (to ensure no cheating up front :D). The day(s) will be time limited with penalties for late returns.

Would be held in the Home Counties area on August 15/16 with camping and/or hotel accommodation available close by. You would need to book accommodation, etc yourself but I would provide suggestions.

There will be a fee per team to cover the cost of maps, materials, preparations, etc but the cost would only be enough to cover out-of-pocket expenses and (nominal) prizes for the winners down to 3rd place. Any surplus pennies would go to my favorite charity - no not me!!!

This is just an outline for now. I'm guessing we need about 15-20 teams to make it cost in and provide a good level of competition.

If you are interested in putting a team together and coming along please register you interest here to encourage others to sign up. Also please PM me with your email address so I can update you without spaming the board.

Suggestions welcome....

cheers Jarv

P.S. this is intended to be a fun social non-profit event; you take part entirely at your own risk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Singles....

Definitely interested, but I'll need to "find a friend" that can use those map thingumyjigamees!

Happy for singles to sign up... we'll create a list and put people together in teams closer to the event.

Really don't want people going round on their own for obvious safety reasons.

Jarv

metalwork and wires allowing ......I would like to join in please.
Would bring GF....that should slow me down to a safe speed....:augie

Sounds like fun,
I could bring the wife and get her out for her yearly outing
:guitarist

We're in - either two up on the 690 or solo - not sure which...! Will have to see how Liz feels after the Rally of Discovery at the weekend...

Good idea sounds like a good laugh - count me in with a team of 4.Needs to be late August if possible.
Jay B

Need your email addresses

Guys,

please let me have your email addresses so I can send you updates info and full details.

Thanks

Jarv

Back
Top Bottom