I done it: Clap: bounce1
Ok, ill tell all about this, just in case someone else has the same problem.
My laptop wouldn’t read my new V9 NT DVD, so, I took it upstairs to my Main Home Base unit. Plugged it in, installed the DVD and got the unlock code for the new Update DVD, all ok, but I never got any prompts to update the map data on the 2720.
I spent the next two days scratching my head
Trying over and over again, reinstalling ECT.
I then explored the DVD and found a "read me" file, in small writing I read:
"This firmware will only work on a high speed USB port"
Well that was it; I had plugged the 2720 into my USB 7 port HUB
I plugged it into the USB plug directly on the base unit and bingo.
So, now as im typing, its updating the cartography on my 2720
