640 Adventure Project

Nin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
This wasn’t supposed to be a project because the bike is absolutely spot on, and a credit to its former owner.

But I have to take the suspension off to get it adjusted to suit my 100+kg, and that means it’s on the ramp, and I want to make sure the wiring is all super-waterproof and protected against chafing, which means tank and all bodywork is off.

And then @dean0n0 put me onto an unused ‘Swampy’ Marsh breathed on stage 3 engine which I couldn’t resist, and things begin to get out of hand.

So here’s the base bike:

IMG_7404.jpg

A magnificent 2001 LC4 Adventure.

Here’s the new engine - yet to be collected:

20231015_111025.jpg
20231015_110937.jpg

Here we go again …

Right well I did the deal, agreed the price, offered a deposit ‘oh no that’s fine’. Then went to make arrangements for collection and li and behold the fella selling the engine changed his mind, bless him.

So it went in the ramp anyway, I needed to get the suspension serviced and re-sprung, and to fit some new tyres.

Well one thing led to another …

6c024539b30d80ab8f77d01daa9e3821.jpg

e5e22759eb53f330da17c254789cfe37.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And then @dean0n0 put me onto an unused ‘Swampy’ Marsh breathed on stage 3 engine which I couldn’t resist, and things begin to get out of hand.
Blimey, when did he last build one of them, is he still around.

So it went in the ramp anyway, I needed to get the suspension serviced and re-sprung, and to fit some new tyres.

Well one thing led to another …

6c024539b30d80ab8f77d01daa9e3821.jpg

e5e22759eb53f330da17c254789cfe37.jpg

How to make a crisis out of a drama 🤣🤣🤣. Pity about the engine, but you never know you may get a call from him in the future.
Im in for the rebuild 🍿🥤

so what's the plan? is the frame / bodywork being painted or going to be standard looking ?

Yeah the frame is a bit shabby and the head needs to come off to clean up the inlet chamber.

So while I’m at it I may as well get the frame powder coated.

All the wiring needs to come off and be wrapped because it’s been charging under the tank.

So a nice little project over the Christmas break.

Well the project is still going, although slowly. I did find this:

IMG_8091.jpg

So that’s £230 I hadn’t budgeted for.

But I have got a hi-flow head to go onto it, which will work nicely with the FCR41 carb.

IMG_8088.jpg

And lots of bits back from powder coating now so it’ll start coming together.

Back
Top Bottom