690E snatchy any low revs

Not really Cabby, think of it as the first part of opening as a slow throttle and profile then changes back to standard.
Simple and no need to be buying one imo once you have and idea of what shape you need.
Like I said it's then a 5 min job with a hacksaw blade change the initial profile where the cable runs.

Had a good run on the bike on Sunday morning,to get a better feel for things.
I tried it on map position 1 which restricts power,and supposedly smoothest delivery.
TBH,I don’t think it was any better,just a bit gutless.
Workshop time on Sunday afternoon,I took the TB off and gave it a good clean,popped the valve cover off for a check of the rollers and clearances.
Checked the injector spray pattern,which seemed ok.
I’ve ordered an oxygen sensor eliminator,
I think I’ll also get a new throttle tube,I’m convinced the excess clearance on the bars isn’t helping.
It moves probably 2 to 3mm on the bars,when the cable is loaded it’s going to just wiggle the cable back and forth.
On a big butterfly that’s got to be having some effect.
I’ll try it again one the oxy sensor thing arrives.
Next step will be checking /changing the fuel filter in the tank.

Ha yes position one on the mapping is a bit of a joke, you may as well be on a detuned 250 :D

This is what your aiming to do with a throttle to save £80

Attachments

• 4e4y6ebe.jpg
    4e4y6ebe.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 148
@mikeyboy. Sorry to hijack, I'm new hear. Can't seem to message. Are you still doing rear drive low first upgrades? I have a 2004 gsa.

Back to your regular programming.

Ha yes position one on the mapping is a bit of a joke, you may as well be on a detuned 250 :D

This is what your aiming to do with a throttle to save £80

Might give it a try Tim,
I’m convinced the play between the tube and the bars is a contributing factor though,
As you hold a steady light throttle the cable must be moving back and forth a mm or two,seems to smooth out if you lock the assy with thumb and fore finger ,clamping it solid IYSWIM.
I’ll try it with the O2 sensor gone,see if richening up a bit helps,
Once the fuel in the tank is a bit less I’ll swap the filter and have a good looksee in the tank.
Is the filter swap like for like or is there upgrades to do in there?
I’m not likely to be changing pumps just yet ,I’ve got enough bits to buy already:comfort

First bit of bike bling arrived today,
Postage was a bit steep but the quality is excellent.
Nice and snug with no sticky out bits:D
Need some pannier racks now,
And a decent bash plate

Attachments

• F6112F29-312D-4D1A-9C79-2E67F3C7C46B.jpg
    F6112F29-312D-4D1A-9C79-2E67F3C7C46B.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 134
  • 391A74A2-E809-4B2C-894A-ADD198341895.jpg
    391A74A2-E809-4B2C-894A-ADD198341895.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 132
  • DE056293-ABFA-4243-BBBB-211741155DE6.jpg
    DE056293-ABFA-4243-BBBB-211741155DE6.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 109
Nice rack :D I had the TT one which was prone to cracking.

Let us know how you get on with the throttle, I do miss some aspects of it as great fun bike to ride.

Attachments

• P1050147.jpg
    P1050147.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 140
Can’t see this one cracking,
6mm alloy,
Seems well thought out,
Shame some Austrian twat decided to put the filler cap there.:blast

I had the extension on the filler cap in an attempt to keep dirt out of the tank.
But of course luggage could then block the breather so stored a half roll of gaffa tape over the filler cap to hold it off :)

Attachments

• P1000520-01.jpg
    P1000520-01.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 125
Might give it a try Tim,
I’m convinced the play between the tube and the bars is a contributing factor though,
As you hold a steady light throttle the cable must be moving back and forth a mm or two,seems to smooth out if you lock the assy with thumb and fore finger ,clamping it solid IYSWIM.
I’ll try it with the O2 sensor gone,see if richening up a bit helps,
Once the fuel in the tank is a bit less I’ll swap the filter and have a good looksee in the tank.
Is the filter swap like for like or is there upgrades to do in there?
I’m not likely to be changing pumps just yet ,I’ve got enough bits to buy already:comfort

I don’t have any intel (get the military jargon!) Mike but Guglatech (Italian) do a range of improved filters for the bigger KTMs.

There is a very similar throttle mod for the XT660X, certainly makes a difference to initial throttle operation and helps smooth out the snatchiness at low speeds. Doesn’t help with the poor yamaha fuel injection system though.

Al.

O2 sensor eliminator fitted,
SAS removal bits ordered,
See what it’s like with some of the emissions bollicks gone.
I’ll get the oem exhaust/cat off as soon as funds allow,
But ,luggage,bash plate and tyres first.

Back
Top Bottom