A bimble about on the way to Skye

With any luck, we will be leaving Lancaster on Wednesday evening, heading for Oonyackistan...
Any tossers seeing us [Hymer 660 reg no' K60 NCB towing 80g/s ] going through the wilds of Scotland, we will be running the mobile snackbar and hotdrinks for Tossers willing to pull over anytime :thumb2 If you see us parked up on the Wed or Thurs night, also feel free to join us for a cuppa etc @Spesh if it's raining

Your trip sounds interesting - where are you meeting up, and when ?

Bob.
Not sure Bob, its very much Shep`s run and I'm just doing this wee bit with them.
I did recce the run a couple of months ago and reckon, with stops and at a canter, its about 6 hours. If we are at Corran ferry for 10 am then that would fit with the 4 pm check in at Mallaig for the sailing to Armadale and be at Oonyackistan bout 6:30 /7 p.m.
That sound about right Shep ?
Trickday, you still on for this ?
That would be Shep, Whatton, Sir James, Trickday ma sel n Bob :clap

Here G.C. ur ye bringin a tent

nae sense in comin aw this way an missin oot on the festivities:beerjug:

Under%20the%20thumb.jpg

Traffic-Lead_Hunter-Green.gif

images

:tears:tears:tears:tears:tears

Fae whit I've seen I dinnae think so, she'd be glad tae see the back o ye fur the nicht:D

That sound about right Shep ?

That sounds fine by me:thumb

I'm glad you did the 'recce' Looking at the map i'd never have guessed I'd need a day just to do 'Fort Bill' - point - Skye :eek:

I'm setting off at 1700 tonight down to Lizard Point then I may push on to get back 'home' tonight then set off again for ness point in the morning:thumb

Shep

That sounds fine by me:thumb

I'm glad you did the 'recce' Looking at the map i'd never have guessed I'd need a day just to do 'Fort Bill' - point - Skye :eek:

I'm setting off at 1700 tonight down to Lizard Point then I may push on to get back 'home' tonight then set off again for ness point in the morning:thumb

Shep

The road out to Ardnamostwesterly is the complete opposite of straight, for miles and miles.

If you get back tonight, that's 500 miles in the pissing rain after work, you should get a prize for that, a nice engraved tankard perhaps, with the legend "insoluble but sore" on it!

The road out to Ardnamostwesterly is the complete opposite of straight, for miles and miles.

If you get back tonight, that's 500 miles in the pissing rain after work, you should get a prize for that, a nice engraved tankard perhaps, with the legend "insoluble but sore" on it!

The easy option would be to come back here to work and doss for the night tonight, curry house just across the road for supper. tis a long way though:nenau

Still, less than 2 hours to go and no packing done yet:blast

All i've done so far is charge up the camera, downloaded the waypoints onto the GPS and sorted the tunes on the new Ipod (lost the last one:()

Best start now

Shep

There will be a few of us in the Oban area on Thursday night, then riding up to Mallaig probably via the Corran ferry and Strontian on Friday for the boat to Oonyackistan.

Tuned
Flash of the Gap & Trassa
Mandylicious & me.

Really looking forward to this one. :bounce1:bounce1

Thats it packed and ready, flask filled, seeing as i've got a little time I may dig out my muffs it might save my gloves getting too wet.

See ya there

Shep

Fruitcake has the Friday off:clap

We've just finished fitted the new Trax panniers to her 650- top job Thunder:beerjug:

We're good to go Thursday night so we might head off then and camp out somewhere on the way.

Cannae wait:D

Just finished the first leg, staying the night here at work.

500 miles this evening, need sleep

Shep

Always a first time for everything,

I was overtaking a line of traffic on the A303 last night, i'd just got past the coach that was holding it all up, when GSA's engine just quit on me, luckily i had enough speed in hand to drift past the bus, and much to the amusement of the car drivers they all overtook me again.

The whole bike was dead, no dash lights, indicators etc just the GPS was still working, I was just starting to think the trip was all over, thinking EWS, fuel pump controller, battery etc. When I noticed the ignition was switched off:nenau

I guess the wind off the front of the coach must have caught the keyring and managed to switch the ign off.

That's another first for me:rolleyes:

Shep

Back
Top Bottom