A Run to the Hills. Donegal 2008

Bin, I have done three routes for you from Newry to Letterkenny.

All the routes start at the 5 Ways roundabout in Newry, which is at the bottom of the bypass where B&Q and McDonalds are.

Route 1 is the direct and shortest run from Newry and is 85 miles.

Attachments

• Newry direct.gdb
    32.3 KB · Views: 36

Route 2 is slightly longer at 95 miles and takes you the most direct route from Newry to Cookstown, then through the Sperrins to Strabane and on to Letterkenny.

Attachments

• Sperrins.gdb
    41.3 KB · Views: 41

If it's dry and you have the time then this is the best route. The longest of the 3 at 102 miles.

Newry to Tandragee is a cracking road for a bike, a real gem, and Tandragee to Armagh is almost as good. Great fun. Head on for Cookstown, a great run through the Sperrins to Strabane then straight on to Letterkenny.

I hope at least one of these will be of use.

Oooooooooo Eeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrr I just had a Thought!!!

Scary I know BUt Should I make my ABS switchable???

After the episode on the lane back when I was asking about Distanzias I suddenly thought ~~~ Hold the Bloody Bus Mate!!! I could get right someones chuff if it's gravelly and the feckin ABS is working Well!!!

Damage Oh Ow No Mrsssss

Good Idea do ya think Cos you's will all be on GS 's and be able to switch the bugger off!

Oooooooooo Eeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrr I just had a Thought!!!

Scary I know BUt Should I make my ABS switchable???

After the episode on the lane back when I was asking about Distanzias I suddenly thought ~~~ Hold the Bloody Bus Mate!!! I could get right someones chuff if it's gravelly and the feckin ABS is working Well!!!

Damage Oh Ow No Mrsssss

Good Idea do ya think Cos you's will all be on GS 's and be able to switch the bugger off!

Just leave a longer gap between you and the rider in front:thumb I can't even remember if I have ABS on mine or not so you'll need to watch out:D:D

Just booked.

Just booked the hotel, Should be a good weekend.
I will be 2 up so the road trip only.
Last question is, which bike should I use.
GSA or GT ?
Is it all tight Boreens ?

GSA it is then, sorted.
Looking forward to this run.
I Love Co Donegal.
Their hearts are as big as their mountains.

Their hearts are as big as their mountains.

:hug

And their pockets are as deep as their lakes :augie

:eek :handbag

Looking forward to the trip now. Bike has been dusted off and a few new gadgets to test out ;)
BB1 and myself wont be leaving dublin till about 5:30 or 6pm, but we should still make it there before Flash's Entourage leaving at noon, (if achill was anything to go by last year!) Anyone there early, keep us a seat at the bar wontcha :beer:
Strange - I dont think Ive had my bike in the home county yet! I hope the mammy doesnt catch me - she'll kill me for having a big dangerous motorbike! :eek:

donny gal

:hug

:eek :handbag

Looking forward to the trip now. Bike has been dusted off and a few new gadgets to test out ;)
BB1 and myself wont be leaving dublin till about 5:30 or 6pm, but we should still make it there before Flash's Entourage leaving at noon, (if achill was anything to go by last year!) Anyone there early, keep us a seat at the bar wontcha :beer:
Strange - I dont think Ive had my bike in the home county yet! I hope the mammy doesnt catch me - she'll kill me for having a big dangerous motorbike! :eek:

cough, ahem :eek:

Back
Top Bottom