Airvest for 2023

You do notice the weight
I tried various airbags and found the weight (only) disappears when the airbag is integrated into the jacket. The Dainese D-Air Road systems (e.g. found in the current Stelvio and former Racing 3 D-Air jackets) are lightweight. The airbag coverage isn’t comprehensive, but the airbag is unnoticeable when wearing these jackets. Hideout may offer this airbag option for 2024 in made-to-measure jackets, too.

Undoubtedly, BKS Made-to-Measure offers the best option – they can integrate the Astars Tech-Air Race system into a jacket so you hardly know it’s there. I’ve tried one on. Very clever stuff with weight distribution, aided by having a made-to-measure jacket. It’s not cheap but the ultimate for comfort and protection alike. Time to sell a kidney!

a*
there's one fatal flaw well several but...............

you cannot wash them, you cannot take it apart to clean it, you need to treat it with muc off foam or fabreeze and it doesn't cut the mustard

mine fucjking stinks despite muc off foam and fabreeze,

they dont allow air through on a hot day so you sweat and it stinks more

there are only two businesses (at the moment) who can service it

really sentistive its gone off three times (not time to say why) so i have spent more in reinflatiion that the thing is worth

a*
there's one fatal flaw well several but...............

you cannot wash them, you cannot take it apart to clean it, you need to treat it with muc off foam or fabreeze and it doesn't cut the mustard

mine fucjking stinks despite muc off foam and fabreeze,

they dont allow air through on a hot day so you sweat and it stinks more

there are only two businesses (at the moment) who can service it

really sentistive its gone off three times (not time to say why) so i have spent more in reinflatiion that the thing is worth

Thankfully though, you have (by skill or simole good fortune) avoided putting the vest through its paces. Had that circumstance been forced upon you, I think it’s a pretty safe bet that you’d not have cared too much how the vest might have smelled or looked, a second or two prior to you bouncing along the road.

Thankfully though, you have (by skill or simole good fortune) avoided putting the vest through its paces. Had that circumstance been forced upon you, I think it’s a pretty safe bet that you’d not have cared too much how the vest might have smelled or looked, a second or two prior to you bouncing along the road.
Skill actually, not bothered what it looks like (don't remember writing it looked a certain way, its hidden under your top jacket anyway)

and I’ve set it off three times, once on forestry trail, once i misjudged the depth of a rut when i stopped to open a gate and once when stationary and the thing toppled over with me on it - all my fault

and i do care about what it smells like, nothing worse than stood in a queue with someone stinking like they've not washed for six months

Back
Top Bottom