Anakee to ContiTrailAttack 3 DO IT NOW!

Bigcats

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just thought I would add my experience into the mix about the tyres.
I bought my BMW R1250 GSA second hand and it had the Anakee tyrees fitted and they were absolutely horrendus (to me) for noise from the front end. I covered 5000 miles with them on so wasn't just a short ride and tried to live with it. I use to bike for commutting and had a good few trips to France etc.
After reading the dicussion on here about tyres I decided to change my tyres to the Conti Trail Attack 3s before a trip to France I had planned (Just got back).
I can honestly say it was like night and day in the difference. Anyone who thinks if it will make much difference I can say I don't think I have ever experienced such a difference in changing tyres when it comes to noise.
SO if you are thinking of doing it but don't think it will change that much I can tell you now CHANGE THEM!!

I moved from Anakee 3 to CTA 3 but because I knew I was riding more road. The CTA 3 was better but you’d expect that as it is more 90/10 than 80/20.

That’s great to hear such a positive review thanks ! I’ve just purchased a set of TA3’s to replace my OEM 23 GS1250 fitted hardly used A41’s, which again I find noisy . I’m looking forward to noticing a big difference and will post the results after the changeover .

My front Pilot Road 5 screams at me, especially when crossing white lines. I've bought a pair of Dunlop Mutants to go on next.

Personally I found the OEM Anakee 3s to be good tires, the noise never bothered me

I have CTA3s on at the moment and yes, they are excellent in all conditions, although the front can feel a bit floaty on the motorway when fully loaded up

The bad news is, if noise bothers you, they will also hum a bit on some surfaces as do many other tires, it’s just an “adventure bike” thing :nod

I just got a set for this morning. I’ve used Michelin Pilot Road since the PR2s every time I’ve bought tyres , bar a set of Roadtec 01s on my R1250RS (which I thought were really good)

The GS came with the Bridgestones as new in March, but based on feedback I went with the TA3s this morning as the Bridgestones were needing replacing ready for an upcoming trip.

I have to say I love them. Even though it was torrential rain, thunder and lightning I could immediately feel they were much better and infinitely quieter than the Bridgestones. The bike also turns a lot better with them.

I’ll definitely been sticking with them in the future. Hopefully they shouldn’t square off too much.

I have CTA3s on at the moment and yes, they are excellent in all conditions, although the front can feel a bit floaty on the motorway when fully loaded up
+1 on the floaty bit. Doesn't stop me going back to CTA3s as otherwise they're very good all-round tyres and give pretty good mileage even when abused.

Got mine booked in for next monday. Anakee to TA3 - cant wait 👍

Picked my ex staff F700gs from Williams Manchester. Drove it home. The noise from the front wheel was so loud I rang Williams to say “ surely the front wheel bearings cant be going in 10,000 miles”

No sir that will be the Annakees they said………. most people change them

I went from Tourances to Conti Road Attack 2’s. Superb tyres. :thumb2

I’ve had Trail Attacks on my last 4 bikes. When I bought my current bike, an 1150Gs it had part worn Pirelli’s on ((Angels if I recall correctly) which I changed very quickly to the TA’s. I’ve just done a trip to Austria where we rode in Austria, Switzerland, Italy and Bavaria. The TA’s were superb. Can’t fault them.

Great tyres but IMHO Pirelli Rally STR even better
What makes you say that Martin ? my Norden is on the STRs , only done a couple of hundred miles so far on them but I don’t feel confident on them , thinking of changing them to something more Road biased and the TA 3s or the Meridians are the two I favour…

What makes you say that Martin ? my Norden is on the STRs , only done a couple of hundred miles so far on them but I don’t feel confident on them , thinking of changing them to something more Road biased and the TA 3s or the Meridians are the two I favour…

I had both STRs then CTA3s on my ATAS plus had STRs on my 790R followed by CTA3s on my 701LR and whilst the Pirellis look blocky and more off road based, I prefer the feel and handling onroad to the CTA3s.
Both are good but the STRs edge it for me .
I would have fitted them to the LR but they were out of stock.
Very pleased that they are OE on my forthcoming Cab 700

I had both STRs then CTA3s on my ATAS plus had STRs on my 790R followed by CTA3s on my 701LR and whilst the Pirellis look blocky and more off road based, I prefer the feel and handling onroad to the CTA3s.
Both are good but the STRs edge it for me .
I would have fitted them to the LR but they were out of stock.
Very pleased that they are OE on my forthcoming Cab 700
I know it’s a lot about personal preference but in what way did you prefer the feel . I assumed the CTAs would be quite a bit better on road , I figured maybe you liked the option to off road on STRs particularly for the LR.

Test rode a Cabellero a couple years ago , really wanted to get one but completely underwhelmed by the engine so I was pleasantly surprised to see the new 700 at the NEC . Should be a cracker 👍

The TA3 to be honest , and tried most tyres are the best you can fit to the GS , fitted them to Multi V4as well and they were still as good . Not sure about the STR as feel when pushed they would over heat and play up due to the block tread , imho of course
I would say on a certain road , say the Col de nargo , I would give the STR about a few miles before they would start to fade , TA3 , never an issue .

My front Pilot Road 5 screams at me, especially when crossing white lines. I've bought a pair of Dunlop Mutants to go on next.
Please put up a thread with your thoughts on the Mutants...... I have Dunlop Meridian on my Crosstourer and am curious to try the Mutants.

Sent by an Android

Please put up a thread with your thoughts on the Mutants...... I have Dunlop Meridian on my Crosstourer and am curious to try the Mutants.

Sent by an Android

If they're anything like the Trailmax TR91 I had on an earlier GS they'll be great. Those were the proverbial shit to a blanket tyres.

Back
Top Bottom