Another battery failure!

Santa-2512

Omnipotent one
UKGSer Subscriber
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
14,326
Reaction score
3,778
Location
North Pole
So this morning I went to start the steed of awesomeness

Click clunk, kombi goes dark no start :(

Wait 10 seconds and try again - Start :)

OK into analysis mode


Work on bike over the weekend - tick

Was everything assembled correctly - yes i started and ran the bike to confirm ok

Weather last night was cold and clear - (battery killer)

Ok lets check the battery paperwork

2 year warranty

Purchased 14/12/23

So some 10 months past its warranted life

Onto Tayna batteries ,

Motobatt £71.91 = delivery ordered & paid

Just checked the old invoice it was slightly more expensive last time ;) win :)

Job done

No need for indepth discussions , battery tenders, what's running not running what's good , what's bad etc

A consumable failed outside its warranted life and will be replaced
 
Everything is built to a balance between longevity and a price point - these days - we are always chasing low price.
 
My battery has failed on the car, i think its less than 2 years old.
bought from Halfords... gonna look for the receipt tonight.
 
My battery has failed on the car, i think its less than 2 years old.
bought from Halfords... gonna look for the receipt tonight.
Good luck.
I got mine from eurocarparts and they exchanged without questions after 3 years
 
Tayna were great when I had a faulty battery on the bike at 2 weeks under the 2 year warranty period. Replaced with a new battery without any quibble, can’t fault them.
 
I always put a label on a new battery with date of purchase/fitment.
2yrs sounds really short?!
 
Mine was 2 years 10 months, so not complaining, as I keep saying, it's a consumable, and given the cost of a new one
Peanuts
 
Good luck.
I got mine from eurocarparts and they exchanged without questions after 3 years

A light came on the dash with a message "Battery Charging system"

I checked battery, 11.6v
I started the engine and checked again 14.3v

Its on charge at the moment, lets see if it charges.
I cant find a receipt an email or anything on my halfords account online, so returning will be an issue
 
New battery was delivered at 10:00 today

some 26hrs after placing the order

It will be inspected, serial numbers noted , for warranty purposes , charged & fitted this evening

For the record, the battery did three starts this morning with no issues

It will still get changed and retired, its given me its early warning
 
New battery was delivered at 10:00 today

some 26hrs after placing the order

It will be inspected, serial numbers noted , for warranty purposes , charged & fitted this evening

For the record, the battery did three starts this morning with no issues

It will still get changed and retired, its given me its early warning
Keep the receipt lol
 
Email

turns out the battery i took out was dated 12/12 /24

so early warning at 26/10/26

battery now changed , as i maintain, its a consumable, 2 years give or take on a daily driver GS, is fair wear and tear to me

£3 a month peanuts in the grand scheme of things
 
i don't find out where you live , so i don't come and visit . regard it as protection money !
It's a deal. It's a steal. It's the sale of the fucking century!
Given i live at the north pole , (Everyone knows that :D)

it kind of defeats the object wouldnt you say

and demanding money with menaces , puts you straight onto the naughty list , and given there are only 11 weeks to go , is a prety perilous position to be in wouldnt you say

xx
🎅
 
Given i live at the north pole , (Everyone knows that :D)

it kind of defeats the object wouldnt you say

and demanding money with menaces , puts you straight onto the naughty list , and given there are only 11 weeks to go , is a prety perilous position to be in wouldnt you say

xx
🎅
naughty list ? do you really think a GAF about your naughty list ?

i buy my own Xmas presents ! :ROFLMAO:
 
I think that I must be very lucky as I'm only on the second battery at 17 years and 91k miles. The first failed at 47k miles. My bike is kept in a garage and on a conditioner. It is also ridden all year round so no long periods of standing.
 


Back
Top Bottom