Another returned to the group.

Rokraider

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Returned to the group after a few years. Had a 2002 R1250 GSA from new that was great for about 18 years and then sold it. Am now looking at a new GS1300. Before I spend my hard earned dosh, anyone know of any issues with them so far? A dealer I was talking to mentioned some recalls on them, but wouldn't say what they were? Any info would be appreciated . Any tips on what is worth having and not? Current spec I am eyeing up costs about £22500. I am particularly interested in the electric suspension raising and lowering. The height of the 1150GSA was the only thing I didn't like.

From what I’ve read on here…..

Footpeg circlip needs recall/replace
Rear brake pads shot after 600 miles… plenty of cases of them being replaced 1st service
Battery not up to the job of cold starts

Think that’s it… not bad for a new release

From what I’ve read on here…..

Footpeg circlip needs recall/replace
Rear brake pads shot after 600 miles… plenty of cases of them being replaced 1st service
Battery not up to the job of cold starts

Think that’s it… not bad for a new release
600 miles?!!!! Christ. What is it doing to chew them up that quickly?

19k miles on my 1290 KTM super Adventure and still on original brakes all round, plenty of life in there still too.
On my old GS and GSA rear pads were wearing out quicker than on the front. Apparently something to do with traction control.

Get an insurance quote before you decide as some are either being refused cover or being quoted silly money.

600 miles?!!!! Christ. What is it doing to chew them up that quickly?

19k miles on my 1290 KTM super Adventure and still on original brakes all round, plenty of life in there still too.
On my old GS and GSA rear pads were wearing out quicker than on the front. Apparently something to do with traction control.
My guess is the radar cruise control

I have had a change of mind having had a look at a 1300GS in the flesh. I don't like the look of it and the rather cheap looking plastic . I have decided to go looking for a late fully loaded 1250 with the lower ride height instead.

I have had a change of mind having had a look at a 1300GS in the flesh. I don't like the look of it and the rather cheap looking plastic . I have decided to go looking for a late fully loaded 1250 with the lower ride height instead.
GS or GSA? Either way both are great bikes in their own right. There'a a reason they've been the top 2 best selling bikes over 1000cc in the UK and BMW's best sellers worldwide for such a long time and ones the other manufacturers look to as the benchmarks.

Enjoy your new bike, the 1250 should be sorted by now (I'm hoping so as it's one of the reasons I've just bought a new RS after 3 GS')

Back
Top Bottom