Anyone know of secure parking in Tarifa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geecee68

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm heading to Morroco in a couple of weeks to do a tour with Chris Scott. Ideally I'd ride my bike to Tarifa and park it there and do the rest on the train to get me to Marrakech. Anyone know of any secure parking in Tarifa?

========

For the answer, cut to post #6

Richard

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t know of any secure parking in Tarifa, could you do the Algeciras crossing? Algeciras is a far bigger town and more likely to have secure parking, with daily ferry crossings to Tangier and Ceuta.

As @Rockred says, I can't recall anything long term secure in Tarifa either - just the port parking, which is relatively small, intended for the day trippers.

Aside from Algeciras, where there is garage parking (allegedly secure) near the port, you could try talking to one of the bike tour companies who cover the area, such as: -

......... https://www.motoadventours.com/contact/

Just to close this off, I ended up putting a notice on the Tarifa info and chat section on Facebook. A completely random bloke said I could park it in his secure garden. It worked perfectly. I paid him the day rate for parking it at the port...it was definitely safer at his place. He gave me a ride to the ferry and picked me up too! The kindess of strangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom