Anyone recognise this top box plate?

adventuredon

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Please can someone identify this plate attached to my 1200R. Trying to work out what top box to get for it.
A0766DB8-B7D3-492A-A415-24A078397D78.jpeg

Attachments

• 118E858E-E86D-4CA4-A23F-3A70F02C6A86.jpeg
    118E858E-E86D-4CA4-A23F-3A70F02C6A86.jpeg
    127.6 KB · Views: 8
It’s for a Givi Monokey. The fittings can be changed to suit most Givi cases. I have a Trekker on mine.

Barry

As Barry said it’s for a Givi or Kappa Monokey case . It’s. Its not suitable for Givi or Kappa Monolock.
Thanks, that I know since I have a small givi tp box. But thinking of getting a different make so want to work out what the rack costs to sell it, advertise it etc..

Thanks, that I know since I have a small givi tp box. But thinking of getting a different make so want to work out what the rack costs to sell it, advertise it etc..
Well it’s probably worth about 50-60% of its new cost. It’s essentially two parts , it looks like an M8B plate which would’ve cost about £90 retail , it’s (no longer available but replaced by the better looking M9B pressed Ali plate which are around £105 RRP . It’s actually attached to the fitting kit to fit your your bike and If yours is a 2006-2010 bike the fitting kit is about £80 retail ….the fitting kit for the 2011-2014 bike has now been discontinued.

Why would you mess around ? if you just fancy a better or bigger box buy a Givi / Kappa one . There’s actually been a few great secondhand ones on here recently.

I put a new Kapp KM9B black pressed ali plate and fitting kit on my Norden and a brand new Kappa Garda KGR52B topbox a few months ago and the minute I did that two of the boxes came up on here at well below new prices .

Thanks, that was I was after. I agree keeping the setup is easier but I only need space for single full face and a tool roll. My current givi box is too small for both a modular and a tool roll unless i jiggery it. Too much faff. Most Givi/Kappa boxes are either a single mod (just) or 2 full face helmets. I am trying to keep the rear small ish, around the same width as the Vario topbox, but with that I have to expand it each time just to put a helmet in (If memory serves me right), hence I'd have to sell my mini ish givi and plate. Yes getting another givi would be better but they all seem so wide...And no use going the vario route if I cant off load givi kit...space to store it all etc. But thanks, at least I now know what to advertise if I go that route. Bear in mind its not for a GS so proportion and commuting take precedence over a kitchen sink...lol

Back
Top Bottom