Bar risers?

ChazzyB

Monstrous member
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Any recommendations for bar risers/bar backs to fit the R1200R/R1250R? I will need support for mounting the Sat Nav bracket too.

I've just fitted a set of VOIGT (30mm high/21mm closer) risers to my R1250R, I also bought the special bolts so I could keep the BMW satnav bracket and the VOIGT clutch line extender.
Excellent quality, all very simple to fit, very happy with the set up. Ebay item numbers 133885084727 and 0738523283104
HTH
Craig

I think the Voigt up and back items will probably be ideal. I could do with the bars a little closer. Plus the Voigt web site say the existing sat nav bracket bolts will work with them, as the bar clamp is offset from the original holes.

And the Voigt item is substantially less expensive that Wunderlich. Always a bonus. ;-)

I think the Voigt up and back items will probably be ideal. I could do with the bars a little closer. Plus the Voigt web site say the existing sat nav bracket bolts will work with them, as the bar clamp is offset from the original holes.

And the Voigt item is substantially less expensive that Wunderlich. Always a bonus. ;-)

They also work and look good!

Attachments

• IMG_0823.jpg
    IMG_0823.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0821.jpg
    IMG_0821.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 80
I've just fitted a set of VOIGT (30mm high/21mm closer) risers to my R1250R, I also bought the special bolts so I could keep the BMW satnav bracket and the VOIGT clutch line extender.
Excellent quality, all very simple to fit, very happy with the set up. Ebay item numbers 133885084727 and 0738523283104
HTH
Craig

Did you have any issues with air getting into the clutch hydraulics? And if so how did you deal with it?
I removed the clutch line extender from my old RS before it went away for repairs and the clutch lever was a bit spongy afterwards.
I’m reluctant to fit it to my new RS if it results in the same issue. The clutch hose isn’t particularly tight but I’d rather fit it for peace of mind.
Cheers

I was a little concerned about the potential air issue before I started the fitting but in the end it was a very straightforward five minute job with no air getting into the system
I'm no mechanic so I must have been lucky! :)
Craig

I was a little concerned about the potential air issue before I started the fitting but in the end it was a very straightforward five minute job with no air getting into the system
I'm no mechanic so I must have been lucky! :)
Craig

unlike the brake circuit, it's a relatively low pressure hydraulic system so a bit of air should not affect the operation of the clutch

I have fitted Wunderlich raisers to both my 1200R & R9T. In the past I have used MV Verholen. Both manufacturers produce high quality accessories & of course they are TuF tested.

Back
Top Bottom