Biking plans for 2027

I'd be interested to hear / nick your tour plan ideas once you get them into shape. We fancy the same trip in 2027.
Nothing set in stone as yet..apart from ferry bookings. Basically its Chunnel to France....blast down to Toulon...over to Sardinia..back to Corsica...ferry to Savona...Switzerland...to spend a couple days on the Bernina Express...then head home via Rotterdam/Hull.
 
Hi
Easter 26-29 March
Weather wont get good until late April
May Bank holiday 3rd and 31st
English Schools break up for exams mid July

I've started to think about places I may fancy by myself, probably in May or maybe June to avoid children/families.
200 miles out from Manchester, a couple of 100 mile days out, 200 miles home. Avoiding motorways as much as possible, roads that suit RE Himi's.

I know 200 miles is a ride after breakfast and before tea for most of you, but I'm not as Young and fit as I was.
I may convince a mate or two to join me.



I want to find a self catering place any suggestions?
George
 
Nothing planned as of yet

I have a yearning for the French Alps to do the Balcony roads and Verdon Gorge/Castellane etc

Maybe Spain too
We visited Gorge du Verdon, Castellane and the Col de la Bonnette this year, albeit in the car.
Top tip- avoid going anywhere near Lyon.
 
We visited Gorge du Verdon, Castellane and the Col de la Bonnette this year, albeit in the car.
Top tip- avoid going anywhere near Lyon.
I've been through or round Lyon five or six times, in car or on bike. The only time it wasn't horrendous was at 8pm on a Sunday. Every other time the traffic was appalling.
 
I've been through or round Lyon five or six times, in car or on bike. The only time it wasn't horrendous was at 8pm on a Sunday. Every other time the traffic was appalling.

Lyon is officially the most congested city in France, there have been road works all over the center for years
 


Back
Top Bottom