Bilbao disembarking

markymark

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
What's the disembarking times like at Bilbao recently?
Last year at Santander it was about an hour and a half or so, hopefully Bilbao is quicker.
Anyone used the Rosslaire to Bilbao ferry leaving Ireland on the Friday and arriving on the Sunday morning? Any good?
Cheers

Were you on the Pont Aven at Santander? I was on Galicia recently, coming home from Cherbourg. The big advantage on these newer ships operating from Portsmouth is that you are not put into the basement like on the Pont Aven at Santander. We were amongst the first off the ferry once the doors opened. Not sure if that is typical as the ferry was very quiet with vehicles only on one deck.

Were you on the Pont Aven at Santander? I was on Galicia recently, coming home from Cherbourg. The big advantage on these newer ships operating from Portsmouth is that you are not put into the basement like on the Pont Aven at Santander. We were amongst the first off the ferry once the doors opened. Not sure if that is typical as the ferry was very quiet with vehicles only on one deck.
Yes, we were on the Pont Aven last June 😃

What's the disembarking times like at Bilbao recently?
Last year at Santander it was about an hour and a half or so, hopefully Bilbao is quicker.
Anyone used the Rosslaire to Bilbao ferry leaving Ireland on the Friday and arriving on the Sunday morning? Any good?
Cheers
I'm actually getting that ferry this Friday.. hope I'm hoping the departure won't take to long

To be honest it was more of a faff getting back into the UK. Border force were opening every top box and looking in every camper van. Anybody with a full face helmet had to take it off at the passport point, but they seemed happy with flip fronts remaining on.

We had an absolute blast around the Picos de Europa… Virtually ZERO traffic, amazing road surfaces generally, cheap food, nice accommodation. Whats not to like? 😁

Half a hour getting off both sides. It Was great. Soon as the trucks are off bikes are second. Only thing I found was the deck was really slippy..

Back
Top Bottom