BMW satnav connection help please

thank you sir!!
Let me digest those info report here back. I'm a subscriber now, so hopefully should be able to post pics as well
Good luck! I took more stuff off that I needed because I was working blind but hopefully what I've mentioned should do it. If only I'd thought about photos at the time.
 
Good luck! I took more stuff off that I needed because I was working blind but hopefully what I've mentioned should do it. If only I'd thought about photos at the time.
yeah, I did give it a try during the lunch hrs. and looks lile probably I can get away with not dismantling the indicator panel, if I can find my short-angled alien-key set.
On a mission now and hopefully it will start in the morning:)
 
okay, finally........... here she is:

IMG_1825.jpg

I have to agree it wasn't that easy at all, as some other claimed.
Actually no need to take the two top side-screws out at all but definitely easier (and potentially less damaging and less time-consuming) is take the LHS blipper-pannel and screen out.

IMG_1822.jpg IMG_1821.jpg

Now nicely waiting to be used :)
IMG_1828.jpg

Next is find the correct harness, followed by Carpruride.
Thanks Big-G for the help!!

-S
 
okay, finally........... here she is:

View attachment 544606

I have to agree it wasn't that easy at all, as some other claimed.
Actually no need to take the two top side-screws out at all but definitely easier (and potentially less damaging and less time-consuming) is take the LHS blipper-pannel and screen out.

View attachment 544608 View attachment 544609

Now nicely waiting to be used :)
View attachment 544610

Next is find the correct harness, followed by Carpruride.
Thanks Big-G for the help!!

-S

Well done with the photographs I’m sure somebody else will need them in the future👍 now you’ll just have to work out where the cable will exit from the plug when all the covers are fitted and there doesn’t seem to be a hole for it to locate through. That’s why I removed the TFT so I could get the large NAV power connecter through the hole behind it
 
yeah, I think I'm gonna do the same. I'm in a bit of dilemma with the whole Carpruride thing, as without a BMW Nav Cradle, I need to go for a model with BM05 interface and with that taken in the account - an appropriate mount bracket, Carpruride W702S Pro (that was my original plan) + BM05 + interface adapter etc. etc. - nothing looks that elegant or cost-effective.

Now I'm thinking to go for a used a used Nav cradle and Carpruride W702BS, which clips directly into the Cradle. So, off to eBay now :)

-S
 
yeah, I think I'm gonna do the same. I'm in a bit of dilemma with the whole Carpruride thing, as without a BMW Nav Cradle, I need to go for a model with BM05 interface and with that taken in the account - an appropriate mount bracket, Carpruride W702S Pro (that was my original plan) + BM05 + interface adapter etc. etc. - nothing looks that elegant or cost-effective.

Now I'm thinking to go for a used a used Nav cradle and Carpruride W702BS, which clips directly into the Cradle. So, off to eBay now :)

-S
Let me know what you decide because I need to look into this tech more cause I’m still rattling around with the old nav six and feel I’m missing a trick
 
how old is Nav VI thingy?
The navigation cradle that came with my 2023 F 900R could take Carpruride straight away without any issue but you have to go for the *BS model (e.g. W702BS, NOT W702S etc.). I think all you need a Carpruride or Chigee and that's it. They basically do a Wireless CarPlay, hence need to charge the phone as well on the go.

Ordered this handlebar pouch to keep the phone and use the provided USB port for charging, if you wish to walk that path too.
 
how old is Nav VI thingy?
The navigation cradle that came with my 2023 F 900R could take Carpruride straight away without any issue but you have to go for the *BS model (e.g. W702BS, NOT W702S etc.). I think all you need a Carpruride or Chigee and that's it. They basically do a Wireless CarPlay, hence need to charge the phone as well on the go.

Ordered this handlebar pouch to keep the phone and use the provided USB port for charging, if you wish to walk that path too.
I charge mine on the go in my 5ltr tankbag anyway and the cradle is the 4 button so not sure if they would fit. The buttons on the left-hand side might restrict the size of the unit so more research me thinks. If anybody out there knows the answer, do please tell.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3107.jpeg
    IMG_3107.jpeg
    279 KB · Views: 7
I’m going to have to look into this a bit further so if you find out before me, please let me know. I know the four buttons won’t work, but I’m not bothered as I don’t use them anyway and I don’t use the under wheel as far as the navigation is concerned, only need touchscreen.
 


Back
Top Bottom